Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

If we do end up making a trade, I am hoping that it doesn't involve Ibaka. I think he pairs very well with Biyombo and they make our defense run. I am interested to see if we can flip Vuc for a wing or pg

If we do end up making a trade, I am hoping that it doesn't involve Ibaka. I think he pairs very well with Biyombo and they make our defense run. I am interested to see if we can flip Vuc for a wing or pg

If we have any interest in contending for a playoff spot this year, Serge isn't going anywhere. I think Jeff Green is gonna have more value than people are giving him credit for come the deadline. Could either help a one year contender and net us a pick or could give a struggling team with a disgruntled star some cap space.

If we have any interest in contending for a playoff spot this year, Serge isn't going anywhere. I think Jeff Green is gonna have more value than people are giving him credit for come the deadline. Could either help a one year contender and net us a pick or could give a struggling team with a disgruntled star some cap space.

He's had 4 strong games in a row. He is good off the bench. And may prove to be toe to toe with Vuc for 6th man of the year for our team. Oh and there's Payton and Meeks ... You know you're good when your 2nd unit is good.

The Magic will surprise come playoff time. We are getting swagger now. The identity is evident.

Keep seeing Crabbe, Ross, and TJ Warren's name when taking about potential scorers available.

Do they really have that much potential?

I don't want any of them

Keep seeing Crabbe, Ross, and TJ Warren's name when taking about potential scorers available.

Do they really have that much potential?

Crabbe is nice but has a tough contract to swallow.

Ross has been hyped for years but hasn't shown much on the court.

TJ is nice but he doesn't really shoot well enough for us to be interested

Crabbe is nice but has a tough contract to swallow.

Ross has been hyped for years but hasn't shown much on the court.

TJ is nice but he doesn't really shoot well enough for us to be interested

Pretty much agree on all. Unfortunately they (along with Monta Elllis) are probably the best we can hope for.

Pretty much agree on all. Unfortunately they (along with Monta Elllis) are probably the best we can hope for.

Eh, stick with what we got.

If it came down to it, I do believe we can get someone of significance.

The Mavericks currently sit at the bottom of the league and look to have hardly a shot at making the playoffs. They are currently sitting on two, starting veterans that are going to be free agents this summer and one of those is Deron Williams.

So with Dallas out of the playoffs (probably) and Williams contract expiring, should they try to ship him to Orlando to help their scoring efforts?

The Magic do have Elfrid Payton and D.J. Augustine in the back court but Williams would be an offensive upgrade over both whether off the bench or as the starter. His current contract is right at $9 million this year so the Magic would have to make the salaries match.

Orlando is sitting on all of their future first round picks so getting a future first could be the most logical trade scenario for Dallas. The Magic could simply ship out Jeff Green to a cap friendly team to make room for Williams.

If Dallas tried to get more for Williams and Orlando was willing, a larger trade centered around Nikola Vucevic and Deron Williams (and other parts) could be something to consider.

http://thesmokingcub...ndo-trade-work/

I love the idea of acquiring Deron Williams...10 years ago.