Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

Lol why Baynes? I thought we were getting rid if the log jam, Unless we're trading Vuc and running Biz and Baynes

That's magical.

Also Baynes doesn't need as many minutes as Vucevic. We'd still need a backup center.

Wouldn't it be also plausible that Rob did in fact turn down the Cousins deal because of how high maintenance Cousins is and how much of a nuisance he is at times?

I mean it is our MO.

Plus, that's the same deal that Rob described as a kings ransom for Butler at the luncheon.

It's entirely plausible that rob doesn't value cousins highly. But while Vucevic and Fournier have some value, they're not necessarily unique pieces. A significant number of teams can match that value and it seems highly unlikely that every one passed.

Had cousins ended up on okc for oladipo, Kanter and a pick and this rumor came out afterwards I'd believe it. But i can't imagine Sacramento falling in love with Vucevic and Fournier then shutting down trade all other trade offers when we say no.

It's entirely plausible that rob doesn't value cousins highly. But while Vucevic and Fournier have some value, they're not necessarily unique pieces. A significant number of teams can match that value and it seems highly unlikely that every one passed.

Had cousins ended up on okc for oladipo, Kanter and a pick and this rumor came out afterwards I'd believe it. But i can't imagine Sacramento falling in love with Vucevic and Fournier then shutting down trade all other trade offers when we say no.

Yeah that's why I didn't t believe it at first.

You still believe Payton is a starting caliber PG? He's been benched twice this year, first for Augustin and now for Watson. He's also had a previous but proven coach reportedly quit over him. As to your question, I'd draft BPA, as I think Jackson would be a very solid 6th man.

Edit: I also think any thought of the playoffs in the next couple of years is crazy, regardless of what ownership wants.

I have zero doubt he is starting caliber. Skiles quit because he's a quitter, even if he wasn't a fan of Payton he lost his respect when he walked out. I don't care what he thought about our team because he's too weak to matter. Vogel is trying to get wins, his benching isn't due to his skill level or ability, it's due to a coach whose used to playing (primarily) with vets trying to figure out a way to win. It hasn't worked out, that's why Payton keeps coming back to the SL. When Payton moves on he will no doubt become the next Magic killer. I agree with the BAP strategy in the draft, and I also understand we are far from a playoff team, but we won't be any closer to the playoffs if all that changes are our point guards next season. I know Payton is the popular scapegoat but pg isn't why we're a bad team. I'm not saying AG is either, but he's been a worse SF/PF that Payton has been a PG this year and he gets a complete pass for some reason. The point is that our team is thin on talent, that is why we're losing, not because of Payton to any large extent-though he needs to keep improving his shooting. We need more talent at 2-4 if we expect to see any positive direction.

I have zero doubt he is starting caliber. Skiles quit because he's a quitter, even if he wasn't a fan of Payton he lost his respect when he walked out. I don't care what he thought about our team because he's too weak to matter. Vogel is trying to get wins, his benching isn't due to his skill level or ability, it's due to a coach whose used to playing (primarily) with vets trying to figure out a way to win. It hasn't worked out, that's why Payton keeps coming back to the SL. When Payton moves on he will no doubt become the next Magic killer. I agree with the BAP strategy in the draft, and I also understand we are far from a playoff team, but we won't be any closer to the playoffs if all that changes are our point guards next season. I know Payton is the popular scapegoat but pg isn't why we're a bad team. I'm not saying AG is either, but he's been a worse SF/PF that Payton has been a PG this year and he gets a complete pass for some reason. The point is that our team is thin on talent, that is why we're losing, not because of Payton to any large extent-though he needs to keep improving his shooting. We need more talent at 2-4 if we expect to see any positive direction.

"I have zero doubt he is starting caliber"

"When Payton moves on he will no doubt become the next Magic killer"

LOL

• Upvote 2

Payton is like a poor man's version of prime Rajon Rondo. I don't think the guy is a starting PG on a good team in the NBA. He could be one of the league's best backups though.

Agree