Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

Yes, I actually liked the signing when I first heard about it. We're sitting on a 15 mil salary dump; it could be huge for a lot of teams.

we didn't realize how bad he actually was. streaky is one thing. questionable effort is another.

If Vogel said "We plan on tanking" he'd be fined $20,000 or something by the league and we'd be investigated for not following the competition clause.

The entire point of tanking isn't to lose games more often, it's to put yourself in position to win less often. It's stupid doublethink but it's a weird legal issue.

I understand. But given the past remarks by him and Henny, this just reconfirms that they might really still be fighting for a playoff spot. We'll finish 10th in the conference and kill our draft spot.

we didn't realize how bad he actually was. streaky is one thing. questionable effort is another.

I think we did (or at least those of us on the board, not in the front office). I don't have any specific links to point to, but I remember most of us not being too mad when we signed him because it was just for one season and his expiring salary would be an asset at the deadline. I don't think anyone honestly thought Green would help this team.

I understand. But given the past remarks by him and Henny, this just reconfirms that they might really still be fighting for a playoff spot. We'll finish 10th in the conference and kill our draft spot.

Again, how? Is Ross gonna make us that much better? They've been trying to win all year and look at the results. I am not worried about what they say.

As long as they don't trade our first for some quick fix player.

Again, how? Is Ross gonna make us that much better? They've been trying to win all year and look at the results. I am not worried about what they say.

As long as they don't trade our first for some quick fix player.

Well, I could see exactly that happening- that's what I'm worried about. If they are really not interested in tanking, then I could see then making a shortsighted trade, then coming out and potentially playing better now that we have Ibaka out of the locker room.

Hopefully the awfulness of this team will continue to shine through no matter what Vogel and Hennigan want and we continue to lose. The only consolation of ANOTHER awful year is to get as high of a pick as possible.

Well, I could see exactly that happening- that's what I'm worried about. If they are really not interested in tanking, then I could see then making a shortsighted trade, then coming out and potentially playing better now that we have Ibaka out of the locker room.

Hopefully the awfulness of this team will continue to shine through no matter what Vogel and Hennigan want and we continue to lose. The only consolation of ANOTHER awful year is to get as high of a pick as possible.

I wouldn't worry about this until we actually make a move, because as the roster stands, we aren't winning much.

If and when that happens, we can all get up upset together.

• Upvote 1

For all the Nicholson fanboys

Adrian Wojnarowski

‏@WojVerticalNBA

Nets are sending Bogdanovic and Chris McCullough to the Wizards for Andrew Nicholson and a 2017 first-round pick, sources tell @TheVertical.

Looks like WAS regretted that one.

Other than the st bonny guy was there a Nicholson fan club?

I was the president of his hate club. That's sort of like a fan club, right? At least, the closest thing Drew was ever going to get.