Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

Can people stop overvaluing mediocre to bad players on other teams?

It is like if a fan on another team looked at Mario and said "Yeah, he'd instantly improve our SG/SF position".

I'm not overvaluing anyone. You can't sit there with a straight face and say Payton is a better PG than Knight. Isiah Thomas is averaging more PPG than John Wall and Steph Curry so I guess that makes him a better PG right. I guess you'd rather have Thomas as your starting PG over both of those two because I mean his stats are better this year. Miss me with stat comparisons. Better stats don't make you a better player.

I'm not overvaluing anyone. You can't sit there with a straight face and say Payton is a better PG than Knight. Isiah Thomas is averaging more PPG than John Wall and Steph Curry so I guess that makes him a better PG right. I guess you'd rather have Thomas as your starting PG over both of those two because I mean his stats are better this year. Miss me with stat comparisons. Better stats don't make you a better player.

No atrocious stats makes you a bad player.

Jeff Green is having a better season. A lot better.

And yes, Payton is playing better than Knight. Immensely better.

Do you not research?

I like Brandon Knight! He'd be an immediate upgrade at PG andI like that he can also play at two guard spot. If we could find a way to get him and keep Vucevic I'd be all for it.

:svgsad:

what is it exactly you think Knight is good at?

I can and I did.

I don't think I ever made the argument that Isaiah Thomas is better than John Wall and Steph Curry because of his points per game. Don't create a straw man.

And that is an incredibly simplistic way to look at statistics.

And my comment was to all people overvaluing other teams' players, not just to you.

:svgsad:/>

what is it exactly you think Knight is good at?

I think the only thing Payton is better than Knight at is passing. Is Knight the answer no but I bet if he's given the opportunity to start he'd prove to be much better than any other PG we have. Our PG's are all good for backup roles and nothing more. He's not going to start in Phoenix because Bledsoe is much better. When they started alongside each other Knight did fine but I can understand sending him to the bench with Booker now there. His two years he started in Milwaukee he averaged 18 PPG and 5 assist then last year playing alongside Bledsoe he averaged 19 PPG and 5 asst. He also shoots 85% from the line. You don't have to like him but the man is much more talented than any other PG we have

So, Zach Lowe on Rusilo & Kannell talking about the Vuc and Fournier for Boogie deal as a real offer that was made, but made it sound like the Kings balked because they wanted to stay bad to keep their pick

Doesn't make that much sense when they don't completely control their pick. Philly gets to take their pick if it is the better pick.

I am telling you with a straight face that payton is a better point guard than knight.

• Upvote 1

Knigh should not be a guy we should be discussing for a hope trade.

It makes the RJ trade scenario that much better.

We overvalue Mario because of his potential.

Other team still value Mario because we have not giving him the chance to develop in our organization and they think they can do better.

We have seen knight play for the past two years in the same team and his value continues to decline. He is not producing. That makes him a not desirable player all around the league.

He can get better. Sure. He is still young but the future is uncertain. So is Payton.