Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

ORL would like to trade Ibaka and/or Vucevic for a wing scorer and move Gordon to PF next to who stays or Biyombo if both Ibaka/Vucevic go.

Per Keith Smart

Baby steps in building a 21st century team, but I'll believe it when I see it

I wonder what Boston would be willing to give us for both Ibaka and Vucevic

I don't think they'd have any interest in that since they already have Horford. Most teams aren't looking to create the overcrowded mess of a front court that we created for ourselves this past off season.

I wonder what Boston would be willing to give us for both Ibaka and Vucevic

We have to skillfully get one of them to overpay to keep our assets from the other team.

I think its a forgone conclusion Ibaka won't stay with us after this season and, if he did, it would cost FAR too much. I thought Ibaka really showed his class earlier on in the year but, for whatever reason, its dropped off, we need to get what we can for him, otherwise we gave up Dipo and Sabonis for nothing.

If all these rumours are true, that they want to move Gordon back to the 4 I think that's fantastic, I know Rob alluded to that in some interviews last week that they still can't decide what his best position is

ORL would like to trade Ibaka and/or Vucevic for a wing scorer and move Gordon to PF next to who stays or Biyombo if both Ibaka/Vucevic go.

Per Keith Smart

Payton, Gordon and Biyombo have potential defensively as a trio, but boy would the offense take a hit, none of them are particularly good shooters or capable of spacing the court consistently. I suppose Fournier can help with scoring and spacing, but we'd need to hope the wing could score and be a knock down shooter as well, otherwise we'll need to improve significantly on the defensive end if we do trade away two of our more capable shooting and scoring outlets in Ibaka and Vuc.

I'm not surprised the Ibaka and Vuc trade rumours have emerged. Be interesting to see if we do pull off a trade or two, and if we do, what we'll get in return for them.

So "he wants to get the most out of it" but is playing worse because he is playing for a team with no identity with nothing to gain?

Im confused by this.

Wouldn't it make more sense for him to put everything into a contract year in order to maximize the chance at a larger contract?

He is getting a max not matter what unless he gets injured. He is just trying not to get injured. This is likely more of his agent likely tellig to take it easy.

He doesnt seem the guy who will quit on a team.

Per Keith Smart

This is interesting a what I truly want to see happening.

He is getting a max not matter what unless he gets injured. He is just trying not to get injured. This is likely more of his agent likely tellig to take it easy.

He doesnt seem the guy who will quit on a team.

Whether its his agent telling him to take it easy or he is choosing to take it easy doesn't matter.

Taking it easy and not giving full effort is quitting on your team.

I don't think they'd have any interest in that since they already have Horford. Most teams aren't looking to create the overcrowded mess of a front court that we created for ourselves this past off season.

We're only overcrowded in my opinion for these reasons. Horford and Ibaka can both play the four and five so if you start them both at the same time it'll be fine. When Vucevic comes off the bench you could easily slide Horford and Ibaka to PF which we cannot do with Biyombo strictly only playing Center. Also, Gordon should be only playing PF. If Gordon was a better shooter and could handle the SF position better offensively I don't think we have this argument about being overcrowded. We're only overcrowded because we all know Gordon should be playing the four which would leave less minutes for both Vucevic and Biyombo of they started Ibaka at Center. I hope this makes sense to you guys