Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

He'd be an immediate upgrade over their current starter, Amir Johnson. They'd have the ability to resign him for another run at the po's next season.

Should both Vuc and Ibaka being traded to Boston, I see Vuc getting the start at center and Al Horford as power forward. So again, what is Boston doing with Ibaka? The Celtics will not pay him big money to come off the bench. Right now he's not even valuable as starter.

Vuch doesn't fit today's game. What championship team or close to championship team gets there every year with a guy like him?

While he is good he will never translate into team success in today's NBA.

If Vuch turned into ultimate unattainable Vuch he would be D. Cousins. Guess what? He can't win either...so why would we want Vuch?

Agreed

A better way to see Vuc. Since we lost Howard he has been our best player. Many of our roster moves were made to fit a team around him. It has failed.

Not that I'm lobbying to keep Vuch but how so?

When you have a center like Vuch, you surround him with shooters. Don't see that here.

Vuch doesn't fit today's game. What championship team or close to championship team gets there every year with a guy like him?

If Vuch turned into ultimate unattainable Vuch he would be D. Cousins. Guess what? He can't win either...so why would we want Vuch?

Give Cousins a squad to run with and wins would be there. That squad over there is horrible.

Give Cousins a squad to run with and wins would be there. That squad over there is horrible.

Agreed, Cousins is a top seven to ten player in the league. I bet if he played with Westbrook or George that team would be top two to three in their respective conference

I dont know what to say here but other teams have been successful in the past with a great low post guy. San Antonio, LA teams, Dallas. Just to name a few.

Today's game Is all about teaming up star players. I dont see that ever happening in Orlando. But VuCh can make a playoff team more competitive.

He is 27!!! I do see that people are now saying that his prime is gone!? That he is getting old!? What the heck! Kids should be getting out of college at 22-23! Just because we are seeing now kids getting drafted at an early age of 19-20 doesnt mean it is the norm.

Vuch still have a good 8 competitive years left in him.

I dont know what to say here but other teams have been successful in the past with a great low post guy. San Antonio, LA teams, Dallas. Just to name a few.

Today's game Is all about teaming up star players. I dont see that ever happening in Orlando. But VuCh can make a playoff team more competitive.

He is 27!!! I do see that people are now saying that his prime is gone!? That he is getting old!? What the heck! Kids should be getting out of college at 22-23! Just because we are seeing now kids getting drafted at an early age of 19-20 doesnt mean it is the norm.

Vuch still have a good 8 competitive years left in him.

No one said he's old or out of his prime. They are saying his timeline doesn't fit with ours. He's entering his prime and will be at his best for the next 4ish years. We're clearly entering a reset and effectively hitting a second rebuild. At best, we'll be possibly contending in 4ish years aka when Vuc is beginning his decline.

Agreed. We are worse than Sac and Vuch will never be Cousins. If Cousins needs help I could only imagine what we would have to surround Vuch with to be even remotely succesful.

No one said he's old or out of his prime. They are saying his timeline doesn't fit with ours. He's entering his prime and will be at his best for the next 4ish years. We're clearly entering a reset and effectively hitting a second rebuild. At best, we'll be possibly contending in 4ish years aka when Vuc is beginning his decline.

Im not saying we need to keep him. Dont get me wrong. But to say that he is not valuable to any team due to todays nba game pace is unreal.

He is very valuable and a Team like Boston, toronto and Portland can use his service to take them to the next step.

I think we need to sell high or keep him. His contract is great and as I said before, he can be useful again next year or during the offseason for any other possible trade scenarios.

I do have to disagree with you on The timeline of been competitive. I see ourself been better in one or two years for sure.