Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

Yeah you don't move Fournier unless someone like McCollum or Butler is coming back.

I mean yes and no. Fournier is a third option, playing 1st/2nd option right now, and we suck. I think I'd include him in almost any deal that yields a potentially high draft pick that could become a #1/#2 option, or even a solid #2 option. Evan is good, but he's not anywhere close to great. That said, we have to do something. We've been throwing playoffs out there since the summer and this current team is not making the playoffs. Either shift gears, make trades for the future, and start developing/tanking or make deals that will improve us now. I lean towards mortgaging for the future because even if we manage to sneak in the playoffs we will not be contenders anytime soon

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zgjd5bl

Flip Green with Fournier and add our LAL-Pick to CHI

Payton/Augustin

Butler/Meeks

Gordon/Green

Dieng/Gordon

Biz/Vuc

And after that we could trade Payton an Vuc for a starter PG and a backup C (Dragic & Reed).

Dragic/Augustin

Butler/Meeks

Gordon/Green

Dieng/Gordon

Biz/Reed

Chicago is probably looking to win sooner

Just an FYI... We're not getting Butler without including Gordon. Payton, Fournier and Vooch are average to below average NBA players. They're not going to get us a top two way player in his prime who is signed to a great deal.

Very true. I'm not even sure including Gordon would get it done

I just remember that Boston got Isaiah Thomas for literally Marcus Thornton and Cleveland's (late) first round pick.

Ugh.

I mean yes and no. Fournier is a third option, playing 1st/2nd option right now, and we suck. I think I'd include him in almost any deal that yields a potentially high draft pick that could become a #1/#2 option, or even a solid #2 option. Evan is good, but he's not anywhere close to great. That said, we have to do something. We've been throwing playoffs out there since the summer and this current team is not making the playoffs. Either shift gears, make trades for the future, and start developing/tanking or make deals that will improve us now. I lean towards mortgaging for the future because even if we manage to sneak in the playoffs we will not be contenders anytime soon

It's more about what P4W was saying--stop sending away young talent without getting something significant back. Fournier is doing too much now but put him on an actually balanced roster and not the clownshow we have going on and he'd flourish.

guys i had a dream that david aldridge tweeted that there was a deal in place to send KAT from min to orl. more details coming.

so...get ready for that

how do I get approved and how do I start my own chat. All my predictions have come true

I just remember that Boston got Isaiah Thomas for literally Marcus Thornton and Cleveland's (late) first round pick.

Ugh

Yeah that's the kind of deal we need to make. Man what a steal.

Look at what they got for Ray Allen too.

I got a question for everyone. What pct. Do the magic make a trade before the deadline? My guess based on past moves.

51%. And that's being optimistic. Also who do you want moved? Top 3.

Vuc

Evan

Green.

There's mine.

Payton

Green

Vuc

I got a question for everyone. What pct. Do the magic make a trade before the deadline? My guess based on past moves.

51%. And that's being optimistic. Also who do you want moved? Top 3.

Vuc

Evan

Green.

There's mine.

100% we make a trade

Ibaka

Green

meeks

both CJ's will probably be gone also