Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

OFFICIAL GAMETHREAD!! Magic vs Heat - Season Opener

Defense and more so paint was a huge problem. But offense is really are heal... we havent had a team that can consistently put points up since the Dwight-Nelson-Richardson-Lewis-JJ days...

I look at tonights game with a strong inpression that we are a 90pt team at its best. And we will need to play lock down defense to win the games we hope to win.

Yeah. We're built to be that. If we can actually play defense we're fine. To make the playoffs you only need to be good at one thing. We weren't good at either thing tonight

4. Mario needs more minutes and needs some plays drawn up for him. He still seems lost out there. It's the coaches responsibility to get these young guys comfortable. Draw something up and get this boy some confidence!

What on earth is he doing out there for you to think that he needs MORE playing time?

He is absolutely is sucking every second he's out there. He needs to go to the D-League and learn the pace of the NBA. Right now its 4 on 5 when he's out there.

It was an awful game, but it's over with it. It's obvious the team needs time to gel. Most of the Heat were on the team last year.

The time to gel was preseason...the Heat looked like a team. They are playing without their all time great Wade for the first time since...2003! They are treading new waters just like we are. Guys like Winslow and Rodney Mcgruder (any relation to Aaron?) and Tyler Johnson. Even James Johnson scored buckets on us.

Has Frank Vogel pulled a skiles and turned in his resignation yet?

He was complimentary of the core in post interview. He wants to build their confidence. I like his attitude. He won't let one loss destroy his faith in them. This could be a good thing.

Interestingly, he says giving Gordon, Hezonja, and Payton minutes is key.

first game takeaways:

Nik is still our best player

Payton isn't the problem

Our defense is bad

Our offense isn't good

00 is living proof that it takes more than being an elite athlete to be a good basketball player

08 doesn't look ready

So, it's still 2015!

What on earth is he doing out there for you to think that he needs MORE playing time?

He is absolutely is sucking every second he's out there. He needs to go to the D-League and learn the pace of the NBA. Right now its 4 on 5 when he's out there.

Jeff Green was equally as bad tonight. If we are going to play bad players I rather it be the young guy who needs development and not the guy who has been an up and down guy and nothing more. I think a big part of Mario's lack of confidence is that he just stands around and isn't really involved offensively. I'd like to see a couple plays a game drawn up for him so that he can find some sort of groove.

He was complimentary of the core in post interview. He wants to build their confidence. I like his attitude. He won't let one loss destroy his faith in them. This could be a good thing.

Interestingly, he says giving Gordon, Hezonja, and Payton minutes is key.

I wonder how long he gives those minutes if we play the way we do.... we cannot loose a bunch of games early and hope to make gain following All Star.. that would be a huge mistake.

first game takeaways:

Nik is still our best player

Payton isn't the problem

Our defense is bad

Our offense isn't good

00 is living proof that it takes more than being an elite athlete to be a good basketball player

08 doesn't look ready

So, it's still 2015!

Eh, Payton was pretty bad during the collapse. We had bigger issues tonight but his inconsistency is still a major problem

Also Gordon played fine if a little bit awkwardly as someone coming off an ankle would. Not worried about Gordon at all.

I'm freaking out of ibaka still looks like this next week though

Jeff Green was equally as bad tonight. If we are going to play bad players I rather it be the young guy who needs development and not the guy who has been an up and down guy and nothing more. I think a big part of Mario's lack of confidence is that he just stands around and isn't really involved offensively. I'd like to see a couple plays a game drawn up for him so that he can find some sort of groove.

If you haven't noticed it's because Hezonja has no clue what to do with the ball. Why would anyone draw a play for a guy that either makes a bad decision or coughs it up. I thought we are trying to make the playoffs?

I was upset about it then, and I'm upset about it now. We should have taken Winslow over Hezonja. Man

Myles Turner if we picked again. Just out up 30 16 and 4

I was upset about it then, and I'm upset about it now. We should have taken Winslow over Hezonja. Man

100% Agreed..

However atleast Mario actuallt plays with us... unlike that one guy... Fran.... dang you Otis.