Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

I rather of just stuck with Dipo. He's better than Winslow in my opinion.

eh, sure. in a vacuum today. but you basically have a two year window where he costs $6 million total to determine if he's Michael Kidd-Gilchrist or Kawhi or somewhere in between. And winslow is basically 4 months younger today than oladipo when we drafted him. so there's time for him to improve.

Winslow is only really feasible if you dump payton though. and hopefully you draft Lonzo Ball (who is somehow shooting 43% from three even though his release point is below his chin). You'd have that nice situation where Gordon and Winslow are basically interchangeable in the lineup and they can both just take guys out of their offense.

So, you be cool with Dipo and #11 pick for winslow?

I will be ok if they include their first pick as well.

you cant really look at trades like that. Just like a car you bought with 40,000 miles on it for $7,000 its no longer worth $7,000 two years later with an additional 20,000 miles on it, 12 months of Ibaka is worth more than 4 months of Ibaka.

So, you be cool with Dipo and #11 pick for winslow?

I will be ok if they include their first pick as well.

Dipo's gone, get over it. I would trade the remaining 26 games of Ibaka's Magic career for a young guy with upside that I can control for a few more years.

eh, sure. in a vacuum today. but you basically have a two year window where he costs $6 million total to determine if he's Michael Kidd-Gilchrist or Kawhi or somewhere in between. And winslow is basically 4 months younger today than oladipo when we drafted him. so there's time for him to improve.

Winslow is only really feasible if you dump payton though. and hopefully you draft Lonzo Ball (who is somehow shooting 43% from three even though his release point is below his chin). You'd have that nice situation where Gordon and Winslow are basically interchangeable in the lineup and they can both just take guys out of their offense.

Is Lonzo Ball's shot viable in the NBA though? I am somewhat concerned that it will not be that effective in the NBA, and he will then have to consider adjusting his shot form. I can't think of a single player in the NBA with anything close to a similar shot.

http://www.deepishthoughts.com/kaisers-draft-notes-lonzo-ball-pt-ii/

Is his shot fixable? Is it something that should be fixed? To me, his current shot mechanics completely take away his height advantage.

I wouldn't mind Ball on the team (we'd probably have to play fast with him, which would be fun) because of all of the other dynamism he could potentially bring, but that shot form scares me.

Is Lonzo Ball's shot viable in the NBA though? I am somewhat concerned that it will not be that effective in the NBA, and he will then have to consider adjusting his shot form. I can't think of a single player in the NBA with anything close to a similar shot.

Is his shot fixable? Is it something that should be fixed? To me, his current shot mechanics completely take away his height advantage.

I wouldn't mind Ball on the team (we'd probably have to play fast with him, which would be fun) because of all of the other dynamism he could potentially bring, but that shot form scares me.

its hard to say. there's plenty of guys from the 2000s who had wonky shots that were effective but right around the time JJ redick was getting popular in college, youth coaches figured out how to teach shooting so you never really see it anymore.

I have no idea if its fixable/should be fixed. there's arguments that he's going to get his shot blocked a ton and I don't think there's a way to come off screens and shoot with that form. On the other hand he's a point guard so he might only shoot pull ups and open corner threes and he's good at creating space already so if it's effective then why change it.

I don't know anything about shooting anymore, Mario's form is beautiful and he can't shoot in the NBA right now.

I don't know anything about shooting anymore, Mario's form is beautiful and he can't shoot in the NBA right now.

he's just streaky.

I've been wondering how much of the dallas game had to do with not getting a shootaround in the arena due to the hockey game prior. If it was just hezonja it'd be one thing, but our team went something like 1-18 before garbage time.

he's just streaky.

I've been wondering how much of the dallas game had to do with not getting a shootaround in the arena due to the hockey game prior. If it was just hezonja it'd be one thing, but our team went something like 1-18 before garbage time.

I think calling him streaky is giving him too much credit. He hasn't gotten hot frequently enough to off-set his poor shooting nights and season percentages. Yes, I know minutes, but he hasn't shown streakiness regardless...that's pretty much speculative at this point and sort of best case scenario honestly

I think calling him streaky is giving him too much credit. He hasn't gotten hot frequently enough to off-set his poor shooting nights and season percentages. Yes, I know minutes, but he hasn't shown streakiness regardless...that's pretty much speculative at this point

he started the season shooting 4-29 from 3. then he went on a stretch shooting 11-22 from 3. then he went on a stretch shooting 6-24 from 3.

Last year he went 23 games shooting something like 16/37 then 16 games shooting 7/27, then a small stretch where he shot 9/18, then a stretch where he shot 20/74 then finished the season shooting 15/36