Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Surprised that Giannis got voted by the fans to the All Star game. Didn't know he was that popular outside of Milwaukee. You would think that after last year's dunk contest AG could get voted over him.

He had the whole of Greece voting for him....Deserved also. Fair play

The Magic’s best asset was, prior to this season, the possibility of forming a strong young core, but with the trades of Harris, Oladipo and 2016 lottery pick Domantas Sabonis (now starting for the Thunder), even that was over before it ever really began.

The goal for Orlando this season was to end its current playoff drought, the longest in the franchise’s history. There’s nothing inherently wrong with establishing that as a goal but, realistically, that’s just the first step toward building sustainable success. Building an annual contender means having an established core that can carry you into the postseason and complementing them with role players. Orlando doesn’t have that.

Conversely, embracing the team’s youth movement is a fine strategy. Developing Payton, Gordon and Hezonja — in theory, potential building blocks — could be prioritized over anything else, and the team, likely lottery-bound this summer, might be able to add yet another young piece to help shore up the foundation of a bright future. That seems impossible now, given the various trades over the last year and the difficulty of finding playing time behind the likes of Augustin and veteran Jeff Green.

It’s never advisable to see things just one way or the other, and a nuanced view normally works best. But building a team must have a structure, and the Magic unfortunately seem unable or unwilling to adopt one. Fans may usually only see things in black or white, but Orlando’s vision is a blank slate, a future that seems destined to remain devoid of color or purpose.

http://www.fanragspo...ching-identity/

Throwing a little shade on Henny here...

Man, just looked back at how old Goggles was when we signed him. 29. Thought he was a little younger.

If we just had THAT guy and better vets I'd feel better about our win now mentality.

Just saw the Magic plan to go live on FB at 10am... Anyone know what it might be about?

Maybe wrong but Penny related since we're inducting him into Magic's hall of fame?

Just saw the Magic plan to go live on FB at 10am... Anyone know what it might be about?

there's never been a major decision that didn't leak several hours before the press conference online.

Man, just looked back at how old Goggles was when we signed him. 29. Thought he was a little younger.

If we just had THAT guy and better vets I'd feel better about our win now mentality.

Yeah it's a tough situation. Last year was a disaster and in hindsight we should have known Skiles was bad with young players. We all agree the Tobias trade was probably forced, but we did need a point guard and shooter. The choice of players and the timing is what was bad, none of us really miss Tobias it's what we got back.

This offseason destroyed our franchise for years. The trade was bad, the money we spent was bad and we all knew it! The press knew it and the people on this board knew it, we just talked ourselves into believing something that wasn't going to happen. I was so happy when they Drafted Sabonis and then i heard about the trade. Combined with the Biyombo signing and the money we spent on Fournier the press already knew it was a disaster.

Quite frankly we spent all that time acquiring assets only to use each and every one the wrong way. Now it's fun to talk about who was at fault but i'll save that for after they get fired. Right now is the time to start fixing things. We need to trade Ibaka and maybe some other players. Bad trades got us in this mess but now we have no choice.

I think the chance Ibaka stays is almost zero and the draft this year is the deepest in years.

I don't think the team has the balls for it, i sense they will try anything to make trades for veterans and keep Ibaka. Everything would be different if we had gotten a good free agent or sleeper the last few drafts(like Booker). We missed on Millsap and Harrison Barnes. Our lesser trades with Frye and Tobias brought us nothing. We gave away Dipo and a draft pick so we could keep Vucevic!!!! Lets face it, thats the main reason for needing a player like Ibaka!!!!

None of it worked so it's time to start again, but do we have the stomach for it?

• Upvote 1

Yeah it's a tough situation. Last year was a disaster and in hindsight we should have known Skiles was bad with young players. We all agree the Tobias trade was probably forced, but we did need a point guard and shooter. The choice of players and the timing is what was bad, none of us really miss Tobias it's what we got back.

This offseason destroyed our franchise for years. The trade was bad, the money we spent was bad and we all knew it! The press knew it and the people on this board knew it, we just talked ourselves into believing something that wasn't going to happen. I was so happy when they Drafted Sabonis and then i heard about the trade. Combined with the Biyombo signing and the money we spent on Fournier the press already knew it was a disaster.

Quite frankly we spent all that time acquiring assets only to use each and every one the wrong way. Now it's fun to talk about who was at fault but i'll save that for after they get fired. Right now is the time to start fixing things. We need to trade Ibaka and maybe some other players. Bad trades got us in this mess but now we have no choice.

I think the chance Ibaka stays is almost zero and the draft this year is the deepest in years.

I don't think the team has the balls for it, i sense they will try anything to make trades for veterans and keep Ibaka. Everything would be different if we had gotten a good free agent or sleeper the last few drafts(like Booker). We missed on Millsap and Harrison Barnes. Our lesser trades with Frye and Tobias brought us nothing. We gave away Dipo and a draft pick so we could keep Vucevic!!!! Lets face it, thats the main reason for needing a player like Ibaka!!!!

None of it worked so it's time to start again, but do we have the stomach for it?

did we really want Barnes though? Is Barnes even good? I mean Golden State literally lost in the finals because he couldn't hit wide open shots.

• Upvote 1

did we really want Barnes though? Is Barnes even good? I mean Golden State literally lost in the finals because he couldn't hit wide open shots.

I put Barnes a tier above Fournier. He's good. Not great. If he was great, they wouldn't suck so bad.