Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

But thank goodness we have flexibility.

Trade Vuc and Fournier. We are better without ball hog Fournier.

That has been the saving grace of each of the Tank Era seasons until this one. It's no longer true.

We've got big money contracts on the books now that aren't easy to move. And do we sign Ibaka at 5/125 this summer and max out totally?

That has been the saving grace of each of the Tank Era seasons until this one. It's no longer true.

We've got big money contracts on the books now that aren't easy to move. And do we sign Ibaka at 5/125 this summer and max out totally?

Besides Biz who has a "bad" contract that can't be moved? We still have great flexibility as far as contracts go.

I think Biz could still be moved pretty easily if we wanted.

We'll need Biz when Ibaka signs for a contender. Unless we want to go back to starting Vuch and Gordon in the front court and go back to having a dire need for rim protection.

A coach would never make that mandate to a player. That would be insulting to the player who believes he can be elite. Fournier has the guts, but not the talent, and for not having the talent, it hurts the team's ability to gel and grow.

The games where Meeks started, I saw something different in the team. Even in the bad loss, it seemed there was a rhythm. It wasn't chaotic. It feels more chaotic with Fournier.

Use a little more imagination. Yes, a coach wouldn't single out a particular player with those kinds of instructions at the pro level; I agree with that. But Vogel could give that instruction to every single player on the floor. Unless you're near the basket, have a wide open shot, or a clear driving lane, you pass within 3 seconds. Players who don't do it get pulled off the floor and put on the bench.

Since most of the other players already do this, it would have the desired effect on Fournier.

Use a little more imagination. Yes, a coach wouldn't single out a particular player with those kinds of instructions at the pro level; I agree with that. But Vogel could give that instruction to every single player on the floor. Unless you're near the basket, have a wide open shot, or a clear driving lane, you pass within 3 seconds. Players who don't do it get pulled off the floor and put on the bench.

Since most of the other players already do this, it would have the desired effect on Fournier.

Eh, no coach micromanages at that level. Especially not vogel. Vogel uses freedom on offense as a reward for playing a heavily structured defense.

A more reasonable approach is "run the offense. Limit your improvising".

Eh, no coach micromanages at that level. Especially not vogel. Vogel uses freedom on offense as a reward for playing a heavily structured defense.

A more reasonable approach is "run the offense. Limit your improvising".

Ok. I can live with that. Just something to make him more accountable

I'd keep these 4 as the starters and tank for an actual Point Guard.

Biyombo

Gordon

Hezonja

Fournier

--

Fournier is talented, he just needs a coach with the balls to tell him to become more of a team player