Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Remember when I said that Deadmon was better than Biz and everyone freaked on me, well here is some more support for my statement:

http://www.businessinsider.com/dewayne-dedmon-spurs-journey-to-nba-2017-3

Yeah letting Deadmon walk and paying 17 per year for Biyombo was the cherry on top of the **** sundae. This was not hindsight either, i'm pretty sure when it went down all of us were scratching our heads. We just talked ourselves into it thanks to the Vogel hire.

Gordon will be our Paul George and Bismack will be Roy Hibbert 2.0.

I dont think he is better than Biz. Not even close.

He is, however, a very good serviceable back up center that the magic should it kept.

To be honest, anyone who play for the Spurs will look good.

Yeah letting Deadmon walk and paying 17 per year for Biyombo was the cherry on top of the **** sundae. This was not hindsight either, i'm pretty sure when it went down all of us were scratching our heads. We just talked ourselves into it thanks to the Vogel hire.

Gordon will be our Paul George and Bismack will be Roy Hibbert 2.0.

This is where usually P4TW steps in.

I dont think he is better than Biz. Not even close.

He is, however, a very good serviceable back up center that the magic should it kept.

To be honest, anyone who play for the Spurs will look good.

He isn't anywhere near 65 million dollars better. We can all agree on that.

He might be marginally better but when you look at their contracts it's incredible we're even debating the 2. They should be a complete different class of player and they aren't.

He isn't anywhere near 65 million dollars better. We can all agree on that.

He might be marginally better but when you look at their contracts it's incredible we're even debating the 2. They should be a complete different class of player and they aren't.

Why are you so worried about the money? Lets say they are both available at 10 millions per year. Who do you go with?

Why are you so worried about the money? Lets say they are both available at 10 millions per year. Who do you go with?
I don't think anybody cares about the money, per se. It's more the fact that a significant portion of our cap space is being spent on a guy that comes off the bench. You can't give that kind of money to a bench player because it's not sustainable to building a team. If you frame it in terms of "how much should we spend on a backup center" then you'll get more reasonable response. Like Kyle O quinn, backup center making like $4 or $5m, not a huge hit to the cap but also valuable to the team, for what he is paid to do.

I don't think anybody cares about the money, per se. It's more the fact that a significant portion of our cap space is being spent on a guy that comes off the bench. You can't give that kind of money to a bench player because it's not sustainable to building a team. If you frame it in terms of "how much should we spend on a backup center" then you'll get more reasonable response. Like Kyle O quinn, backup center making like $4 or $5m, not a huge hit to the cap but also valuable to the team, for what he is paid to do.

+1

Since the all star break, our starters have managed to play the opponents almost even.

http://www.hoopsstat.../6/diffeff/18-1

However, our bench has been the worst in the league...and it's not even close.

http://www.hoopsstat.../7/diffeff/18-1

Yep. I've noticed this every single game I've watched lately. I really don't get why Vogel insists on playing all 5 bench guys at the same time. At the very least, one of Ross, Gordon or Fournier should always be on the floor.