Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

It's that time of the year man.

As an avid surfer in Florida you know the times of the year where it's worth showing up and times of the year where you visit less and find something else to do.

New Smyrna or Cocoa?

New Smyrna or Cocoa?

New Smyrna has those A frame waves that I love. Crowded and sharky though and the type of crowd that goes there can frustrate the **** out of you.

Cocoa has been my home away from home since I was in single digits so I go there more. I know the spots, city, restaurants, hotels, and the people. Crowd is a lot more chill too.

I haven't surfed in a few years since I went back to school. I miss the hell out of it.

New Smyrna has those A frame waves that I love. Crowded and sharky though and the type of crowd that goes there can frustrate the **** out of you.

Cocoa has been my home away from home since I was in single digits so I go there more. I know the spots, city, restaurants, hotels, and the people. Crowd is a lot more chill too.

I haven't surfed in a few years since I went back to school. I miss the hell out of it.

We've probably crossed paths at the inlet quite a few times and not even known it. I've been surfing there since middle school. New Smyrna is for sure a much more dickish crowd but the inlet kicks. I've had plenty of altercations there before.

I don't paddle out at Cocoa to often but some of my buddies prefer it there and when we do we got out of 16 street or 2nd light.

And same. Since I've been married I don't go hardly as much as I used to. Used to go every weekend even when we knew the only shot at catching a wave was on a 12ft longboard. Now I might paddle out 3-4 times a year.

If LA drafts Ball, I'd love to make a play for Russell, assuming we don't draft a PG

So would I.

Vuch and the 23rd maybe?

"'Down the road' reunion for Magic and Doc Rivers is subject of latest coaching chatter."

http://www.espn.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/5059/down-the-road-reunion-for-magic-and-doc-rivers-is-subject-of-latest-coaching-chatter

"There has been persistent chatter for weeks over the NBA's front-office grapevine that the Orlando Magic and Rivers will explore a reunion down the road. Now, you're certainly not alone if you're wondering whether down the road in this case should be measured in months or years. More clarity, though, might not be far off...

The Magic, meanwhile, appear headed for their own sooner-rather-than-later shakeup. League sources say without hesitation that Orlando general manager Rob Hennigan finds himself on the hot seat and is increasingly likely to be dismissed at season's end, with the Magic on course for a fifth successive losing season under Hennigan's watch...

The simpler move for Orlando, of course, would be to hire an on-the-rise executive to take over basketball operations and work with first-year coach Frank Vogel. Ex-Magic forward Pat Garrity, presently in Detroit as part of Stan Van Gundy's cabinet, has emerged as a potential target to come aboard in precisely those circustances and inherit Vogel, who appeared to be absolved from blame for Orlando's 25-45 misery this season when Hennigan conceded that the roster was overloaded with big men and traded Serge Ibaka to Toronto just eight months after surrendering Victor Oladipo, No. 11 overall Domantas Sabonis and a first-round pick to bring Ibaka in."

We've probably crossed paths at the inlet quite a few times and not even known it. I've been surfing there since middle school. New Smyrna is for sure a much more dickish crowd but the inlet kicks. I've had plenty of altercations there before.

I don't paddle out at Cocoa to often but some of my buddies prefer it there and when we do we got out of 16 street or 2nd light.

And same. Since I've been married I don't go hardly as much as I used to. Used to go every weekend even when we knew the only shot at catching a wave was on a 12ft longboard. Now I might paddle out 3-4 times a year.

I've been to the inlet once many moons ago. Just never felt the desire to travel that far south.

So yup, been to the pier (meh), 2nd light, officers club and around there. 16th is always my first stop to check. Always find a sandbar there and know the locals quite well. Good folks. Good parking too if you get there early.

Yeah I have no desire to surf knee highs anymore. I sold

my shortboard but my next one will be geared for waist and above and hurricane swells. Once school is done of course.