Fultz4thewin

2016-2017 Season Discussion Thread

Wait, you are telling me these are young men that like to go out and have fun and are not basketball playing robots who concentrate on Basketball 24/7?

They are being paid very well to concentrate on basketball. Far from being 24/7 robots, they've just had almost half a year off where they didn't even have to think about basketball. Now they're back a few weeks, are trying to develop some chemistry with multiple new players and a new coach, and we're saying they don't even have enough discipline to avoid staying out late on the handful of nights prior to the few preseason games?? Sorry but I think that's ridiculous, our expectations have to be much higher than that.

They are being paid very well to concentrate on basketball. Far from being 24/7 robots, they've just had almost half a year off where they didn't even have to think about basketball. Now they're back a few weeks, are trying to develop some chemistry with multiple new players and a new coach, and we're saying they don't even have enough discipline to avoid staying out late on the handful of nights prior to the few preseason games?? Sorry but I think that's ridiculous, our expectations have to be much higher than that.

I'd bet that happens on nearly every sports team in every sport. How is this so far fetched to some of you?

Just being snarky- and I agree that they shouldn't be off partying the night before a game, but we also shouldn't pretend it doesn't happen.

And I think you are being very hyperbolic about the off-season. Players don't have half a year to not think about basketball. Players use the off season to practice and gain new skills, refine old ones, and improve their conditioning and strength. They are also often involved in various charity and basketball related outreach programs, healing up from nagging injuries, and, of course, relaxing and having fun.

I've already addressed your point about the new coach and philosophy. Aside from repeating/referring you to earlier posts I'll assume you have no real response. This GM needs to own up and trade Payton NOW while we can still convince some team to take him. Following that, if Hezonja doesn't make serious progress that comes with being the #5 pick he needs to bounce too. Finally Rob needs to be shown the door.

You've addressed it the way my 6 year old would address when he wants something he can't have at the moment.

Trade Payton now...Sigh...For what?!

You're saying guys suck so let's trade them. To whom? For who? Do you even rationalize bro?

"Nope. These guys aren't going to amount to anything. Some team would trade us valuable assets for em."

You've addressed it the way my 6 year old would address when he wants something he can't have at the moment.

Trade Payton now...Sigh...For what?!

You're saying guys suck so let's trade them. To whom? For who? Do you even rationalize bro?

"Nope. These guys aren't going to amount to anything. Some team would trade us valuable assets for em."

This^ don't hit panic mode yet!!

Payton doesn't have much value.

Come on man. Someone wants an defensive pass first pg who can't shoot, doesn't defend consistently, and has more to's than assists.

An NBA scouts random thoughts on the Western Conference. Good read, here are a few excerpts.

LA Clippers - Mbah a Moute was a nice find for them and no one will even notice that Jeff Green is gone. He’s just one of those guys who doesn’t leave a mark. Going after Green last year was pointless.

Phoenix - I don’t think Chandler is blocking Len’s development because Len just isn’t that good. Knight is a guy who gets numbers on bad teams. Phoenix lost that trade when they added him.

Utah - Favors is a workhorse, very good rebounder, good defender and a good scorer too. There aren’t a lot of holes to his game. Would you rather have him or Paul Millsap? He’s getting into that conversation.

OKC - Pairing Westbrook and Oladipo might not work. You don’t see too many great backcourts with two non-shooters these days. But if any backcourt could get by without shooting, it’s these guys because their physical tools are off the charts, they’re both so physically imposing and they play in sixth gear.

TWolves - Kris Dunn is the best player in this draft. I would have taken him number one overall and I think he will be the Rookie of the Year. He has a higher floor than a guy like D’Angelo Russell and I trust him to figure it out. He has the personality, the tempo to his game, the play-to-play intensity.

http://www.si.com/nb...tern-conference