Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

I would have been fine with Smith or Isaac. And I'd still be down with trading our whole team for KP. Just read that Phil is scared to make him their cornerstone

Elf/Hezonja/Isaac/Gordon/KP

[/size]

https://www.fanragsp...u-brings-magic/

We needed another guy who can't shoot 3's.

Would have much rather drafted Ojeleye.

Or:

Robb, Bell, Mason, Bacon, Hartenstein, Evans.

Iwundu is a marginally better version of Marble. I'm not gonna lose sleep over a second round pick but I will be interested in looking back on this pick in 2-3 years and seeing how the other guys I wanted fare.

Would have much rather drafted Ojeleye.

Or:

Robb, Bell, Mason, Bacon, Hartenstein, Evans.

Iwundu is a marginally better version of Marble. I'm not gonna lose sleep over a second round pick but I will be interested in looking back on this pick in 2-3 years and seeing how the other guys I wanted fare.

eh, iwundu has a good chance to be solid. a lot of teams liked him. I like him much more than Rabb, Bacon, and Evans.

I think I would have rather had Ojeleye and Bell. But I can see why we didn't want Ojeleye after Isaac as he's more of a 3-4 while Iwundu is a 2-3. Bell would have been nice though.

not sure about mason and Hartenstein. In a vacuum I think I like Mason more. but he doesn't really fit the team we're apparently trying to build. Hartenstein it's hard to really figure him out as there's really not much there to judge. you're going on what you imagine he'll be vs what he is now.

Bolden would have been nice though. and the problem is not Iwundu vs any guy mentioned in this post (sans mason) it's kicking the pick down the road for a few years vs just picking one of these guys. Or Ike Anigbogu.

eh, iwundu has a good chance to be solid. a lot of teams liked him. I like him much more than Rabb, Bacon, and Evans.

I think I would have rather had Ojeleye and Bell. But I can see why we didn't want Ojeleye after Isaac as he's more of a 3-4 while Iwundu is a 2-3. Bell would have been nice though.

not sure about mason and Hartenstein. In a vacuum I think I like Mason more. but he doesn't really fit the team we're apparently trying to build. Hartenstein it's hard to really figure him out as there's really not much there to judge. you're going on what you imagine he'll be vs what he is now.

Bolden would have been nice though. and the problem is not Iwundu vs any guy mentioned in this post (sans mason) it's kicking the pick down the road for a few years vs just picking one of these guys. Or Ike Anigbogu.

Semi & Bell we're my top 2 in the second round. Off topic, but how good of a fit is Bell on GS? That IMO is a really big get for them.

Also, I'm biased towards Mason.

I met him at Ceviche downtown a couple weeks ago after his workout with us (he was wearing his NBA combine hoodie and gym shorts in Ceviche, kind of funny). He's a stand-up guy that is beyond motivated. There isn't gonna be a player from this draft that is going to work harder at becoming a successful NBA player. I told him I thought we would take him at 33 or 35 and he thought there was a good chance as well as he felt his workout went really good-- so I wanted to see it.

None of this means anything but I think he will become a good NBA backup who can come in and get buckets in bunches and despite his small size/frame he's a tough defender.

Semi & Bell we're my top 2 in the second round. Off topic, but how good of a fit is Bell on GS? That IMO is a really big get for them.

Also, I'm biased towards Mason.

I met him at Ceviche downtown a couple weeks ago after his workout with us (he was wearing his NBA combine hoodie and gym shorts in Ceviche, kind of funny). He's a stand-up guy that is beyond motivated. There isn't gonna be a player from this draft that is going to work harder at becoming a successful NBA player. I told him I thought we would take him at 33 or 35 and he thought there was a good chance as well as he felt his workout went really good-- so I wanted to see it.

None of this means anything but I think he will become a good NBA backup who can come in and get buckets in bunches and despite his small size/frame he's a tough defender.

yeah, I'm really high on mason. but I acknowledge that if our plan is based around a switching defense, a 5'11 pg is probably not a great fit.

I wouldn't be surprised if Iwundu played some backup point (though you'd probably have to play him with another facilitator. but who knows, I'd have said the same thing about brogdon last year).

Bell is perfect in Golden State. Its another reason why you can't really be mad at them. Teams just keep giving them good role players for free. Bell this year, McCaw last year.

yeah, I'm really high on mason. but I acknowledge that if our plan is based around a switching defense, a 5'11 pg is probably not a great fit.

I wouldn't be surprised if Iwundu played some backup point (though you'd probably have to play him with another facilitator. but who knows, I'd have said the same thing about brogdon last year).

Bell is perfect in Golden State. Its another reason why you can't really be mad at them. Teams just keep giving them good role players for free. Bell this year, McCaw last year.

Yea, I get the defensive thing--I just feel like a guy like him was worth taking a flier on. Would have been the polar opposite of Payotn which might have worked in a backup role. Also, who on here wouldn't be extremely excited right now with Mason? He just has that buzz about him.

To your GS point--I always say the same thing. People want to hate on how good they are but they just keep drafting the perfect players at the perfect spots, it's pretty incredible really. Idk how you can hate on a team that can draft as good as they do.

I'll watch more tape on Iwundu I've never considered him playing some backup point so I'll see if I see that at all in him.

Yea, I get the defensive thing--I just feel like a guy like him was worth taking a flier on. Would have been the polar opposite of Payotn which might have worked in a backup role. Also, who on here wouldn't be extremely excited right now with Mason? He just has that buzz about him.

To your GS point--I always say the same thing. People want to hate on how good they are but they just keep drafting the perfect players at the perfect spots, it's pretty incredible really. Idk how you can hate on a team that can draft as good as they do.

I'll watch more tape on Iwundu I've never considered him playing some backup point so I'll see if I see that at all in him.

yeah, Iwundu distributed some and had 3.7 apg last year and 3.5 apg this year while playing with another point guard. had a 7 assist game against Wake forest in the tournament. Brogdon was down at 3.1 his last year in college. Brandon Roy was 4.1. Iguodala was 4.9. Draymond was 4.1 and 3.8. Evan Turner was 6. CJ McCollum never got above 3.5.

So he's in an area where you're like, Maybe? I don't think you can come out and say "He is a backup point guard in the nba". but I think you can have fun with some lineups. ***** with some teams and throw out an all 6'7 lineup of Iwundu, Ross, Hezonja, Isaac, Gordon. Hopefully the defense we saw from Mario late in the season is more than a 1 week thing.