Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

I think after 2 years they can choose to play or not.

Doesn't concern me. Summer league isn't going to benefit him. He just needs to keep working.

Totally agree with this

This is starting to become a bit unhealthy.

We haven't seen that kind of athletic ability since Dwight. Whether it was the right pick or not Smith and Isaac will ways be tied together on this board.

I would have been fine with Smith or Isaac. And I'd still be down with trading our whole team for KP. Just read that Phil is scared to make him their cornerstone

Kansas State senior guard Wesley Iwundu displayed intriguing playmaking and defensive talent in college. He will aim to establish a defense-first role in the NBA.

Iwundu brings a 6-7 frame, 7-1 wingspan and quick-twitch lateral agility to the next level. His combination of length and foot speed will present matchup problems when he drives to the rim or guards the perimeter. The one knock on his physical profile is that he’s only 193 pounds, which is slight for an NBA wing.

Although Iwundu is listed as a shooting guard, he is far from a prototypical two. He didn’t shoot a high volume beyond the arc in college, instead focusing on being a slasher and secondary facilitator. He’s particularly dangerous in transition or unsettled situations. Iwundu has the acceleration and vision to punish opponents when they don’t get back or guard cutters.

Iwundu’s shooting effectiveness improved during his senior year, but it’s still not entirely convincing. While he made 32 of 85 3-pointers, his mechanics will make it tough to convert to NBA range and also hit pull-ups against NBA defenders. He quickly pushes the ball instead of tossing it on his shot, which is not conducive to long-term consistency. However, he upgraded his efficiency from 2015-16 to 2016-17, so he may make more progress in the next few years.

Early in his career, Iwundu will maximize his opportunities by playing speedy, rangy defense and moving the ball. His passing touch may translate to combo-guard duties down the road.

NBA comparison: Less-athletic K.J. McDaniels

https://www.fanragsp...u-brings-magic/

We needed another guy who can't shoot 3's.