Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Good news that we are likely to be awful another year because the new guys didn't see us last year? Another year of Vuch playing catch with Founier? Augustine coming in to backup EP, or maybe even start if EP goes into a funk? Another year of no one playing defense and/or hitting 3's?

What is it that we think will magically change all this over a span of 6 months?

If we bring back the same cast, we get the same results. I don't think it's good news that we are subjected to another lost season of horrible basketball so that the new guys get to see it for themselves.

Continuing with the analogy. Just because you don't demolish the whole building doesn't mean you won't change the location of the interior walls.

I don't see any reason why Vuc and Fournier should be here when the season starts unless the market for them is so poor that Management decides it makes sense to try to build more value. The problem with that is those guys being around prevents them from seeing what they need to see... if Mario, Gordon and EP are worth NOT Blowing up.

A more athletically gifted Porzingis perhaps? Btw, this board is being way harder on our draft than the national media. Everyone seems to love Isaac...we all just wanted an alpha PG. Management has to be focusing on that this off-season

A more athletically gifted Porzingis perhaps?

porzingis is 7'3 though with a 7'6 wingspan reportedly.

Isaac only has a 7'1 wingspan. big difference.

I've moved past the pick and now I'm looking for the best way to move forward with him.

Need to get Isaac some space to work with. Need to get a defensive point guard.

A more athletically gifted Porzingis perhaps? Btw, this board is being way harder on our draft than the national media. Everyone seems to love Isaac...we all just wanted an alpha PG. Management has to be focusing on that this off-season

Not Porz. They have very different frames and Isaac is quicker.

The media had this pick slotted the whole way. This board is the only place people were predicting/wanting Smith or Monk. What is interesting is that we worked out and interviewed both guys yet still went with isaac.

I've moved past the pick and now I'm looking for the best way to move forward with him.

I'm not even worried about Isaac at this point. He's a rookie and more than likely won't be very good or good consitently. I'm more worried about Gordon finally putting it all together, Mario hitting a jumper and not looking lost, and for Payton to shoot better than 12% for longer than a month.

I'm not even worried about Isaac at this point. He's a rookie and more than likely won't be very good or good consitently. I'm more worried about Gordon finally putting it all together, Mario hitting a jumper and not looking lost, and for Payton to shoot better than 12% for longer than a month.

eh, I'm not worried about Isaac but we need to develop him correctly. cant screw him like we've done with Gordon.

eh, I'm not worried about Isaac but we need to develop him correctly. cant screw him like we've done with Gordon.

Isaac's development directly affects Gordon and Mario's development. Do we just throw them out there and say get it done we are focusing on the kid now?

Isaac's development directly affects Gordon and Mario's development. Do we just throw them out there and say get it done we are focusing on the kid now?

no. but Gordon is a veteran now. Isaac needs to be coddled so he can get off on the right foot. cant throw him to the wolves.

Isaac is more advanced with the ball

I am ok with Isaac. That doesnt bother me at all. It was a good pick.

I am not even upset about trading our second first rounder pick away.

I am extremely upset that we gave away our 35 pick!!! I was very intrigued about that Hartestein guy and was hoping we selected either him, Bolden, Mason or Ivan with that pick.