Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

this isn't something anyone is going to know unless you have a contact at UCLA.

true, but there's always comments from analysts or scouts about work ethic; "oh, he has a strong work ethic" or "he's a gym rat"; you know, the typical cliches.

true, but there's always comments from analysts or scouts about work ethic; "oh, he has a strong work ethic" or "he's a gym rat"; you know, the typical cliches.

Welcome back smile.gif. Yes, I believe Ball has all the makings of a star and is a hard working kid. He's in the Kidd or Nash mold. Plus, if you put a solid SG next to him (think MagLeeto), I think he could switch to guard opposing SGs because of his size.

PS - The thought of Ball throwing alley-oops to Gordon is insane

In many of the most recent mock drafts, Fultz is projected to be the first player taken in the NBA draft, with fellow Pac-12 guard Lonzo Ball of UCLA expected to follow at No. 2.

So why do not more scouts love him?

“Fultz does not play hard enough. Picks and chooses,” one long-time NBA talent evaluator said.

“Nothing great other than being a physical specimen. Shooting is plus. But why does he lose so much? If you are transcendent as a number one pick type, you have to raise the level of others.”

It may not be Fultz’s fault, of course. He is not surrounded by an all-star cast, and Washington (9-12) is near the bottom of the Pac-12 pack.

The Huskies have beaten one team with a winning record this season, and the chemistry that marked the Andrew Andrews teams of the previous several seasons appears to have departed along with Andrews and early NBA entries Marquese Chriss and Dejounte Murray, both of whom left school last year as one-and-dones. Chriss was the eighth player taken in the 2016 draft and Murray was the 29th.

Still, the questions remain.

“I wouldn’t use a number one pick on a guy who can’t win in college,” a West Coast talent evaluator said simply. “The kid must play harder.”

Fultz would be the No. 1 pick “probably only off upside,” the evaluator added.

http://www.fanragspo...ion-commitment/

Bill Simmons ‏@BillSimmons 3h3 hours ago

My top 6 right now (need to watch more)...

Fultz

Lonzo

Monk

Jackson

Isaac

Markkanen

(Monk is special like Curry was - has to go 2/3.)

He reminds me of Monta Ellis.

monta ellis was never the shooter that Monk is.

Monta ellis with a three point shot, sure.

he's somewhere on the Jordan Crawford, Lou Williams, Jamal Crawford, Gilbert Arenas, Steph Curry continuum.

If Payton somehow finishes the year on a consistent note, I think our draft target is Monk

I do like Monk as a prospect, and I am not against adding new players at the expense of existing players if we are getting an upgrade, but is adding a shooting guard in the draft the best option when we have Fournier on the roster and under contract?

I suppose Monk can handle sixth man duties while Fournier starts at SG, but I am not sure I would want to see Fournier slide back to SF. I think his skill set is better suited to the guard position if I'm being honest. Also, if the plan is for us to trade Ibaka and move Gordon back to PF, then we could use the draft to address the hole at small forward with Josh Jackson, Jayson Tatum or Jonathan Isaac if one of them (or all of them) are available when we are on the clock. That said, I can see the appeal of adding someone with Monk's shooting ability, and at this point in the rebuild we arguably just need to pick the BPA regardless of position to add quality and depth to the roster.

I do like Monk as a prospect, and I am not against adding new players at the expense of existing players if we are getting an upgrade, but is adding a shooting guard in the draft the best option when we have Fournier on the roster and under contract?

I suppose Monk can handle sixth man duties while Fournier starts at SG, but I am not sure I would want to see Fournier slide back to SF. I think his skill set is better suited to the guard position if I'm being honest. Also, if the plan is for us to trade Ibaka and move Gordon back to PF, then we could use the draft to address the hole at small forward with Josh Jackson, Jayson Tatum or Jonathan Isaac if one of them (or all of them) are available when we are on the clock. That said, I can see the appeal of adding someone with Monk's shooting ability, and at this point in the rebuild we arguably just need to pick the BPA regardless of position to add quality and depth to the roster.

Yes.

Best

Player

Available.

Don't try and build a team. Just get the most talent you possibly can. Worry about filling gaps later.

Yes.

Best

Player

Available.

Don't try and build a team. Just get the most talent you possibly can. Worry about filling gaps later.

Agreed, why pass up on a "potential" steph curry type talent? Trade Fournier for a point guard if needed, but don't pass up on shooting talent