Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

That and plus he shot the 3 ball extremely well in his workout. I'm starting to think he climbs up and won't be there at 6.

Would be nice if we could trade up with Philly or some other team.

if fox and smith both go in top 5, one of ball, Jackson, or Tatum will be there at 6. No point in giving up assets to move up when a great player will be there regardless.

if fox and smith both go in top 5, one of ball, Jackson, or Tatum will be there at 6. No point in giving up assets to move up when a great player will be there regardless.

Meh I don't like Ball. Good pg skills but not much else. Player wise I see the ability to make everyone better but his shot, his defense, meh. I'll leave the numbnut father out of it.

Jackson I just don't know. Could be Iggy. Probably not even.

Tatum ain't dropping. I'm almost 100% sure on that.

I have no qualms with giving up 6 and Fournier or someone like that to move up.

Agreed, more than likely we'll have our pick be one of the following players. Smith, Monk, or Isaac. If Fox sneaks into the top 5 than Tatum may be there as well for us

I will keep the #6 pick.

Work with Sacramento or Minnesota and maybe offer a combination of Payton, Fournier and our late first round pick for the #5 or #7 pick respectively.

Maybe we can finish the Draft with a combination of either Fox/Smith and Monk/Isaac/tatum.

That will be sweet.

I think getting Malik Monk would be a great combo with Elfrid. Two long lanky guys with speed running the 1 and 2. JMO Monk is a great shooter! Scored 47 against National Champion UNC.

Monk isnt long at all

As bad as we suck IMO we need to go after Philly's #3 pick and offer player of their choice (except maybe AG), our late 1st, and next year's 1st protected. Getting 3 and 6 out of this loaded draft is the kind of change we need to get this team on the right track. we also need to figure out some way to offload Biyombo and his stupid contract. We definitely didn't get the playoff 2016 player that Henny thought we were getting.

As bad as we suck IMO we need to go after Philly's #3 pick and offer player of their choice (except maybe AG), our late 1st, and next year's 1st protected. Getting 3 and 6 out of this loaded draft is the kind of change we need to get this team on the right track. we also need to figure out some way to offload Biyombo and his stupid contract. We definitely didn't get the playoff 2016 player that Henny thought we were getting.

would you trade #6 to Denver for Mudiay, 13. and a 2019 pick?

i'd rather die

exactly

so why does anyone think we'll be able to trade for another top 5 pick with the 25th pick and some solid yet unspectacular players?

We might, MIGHT, be able to swing a deal for a 8-12 pick as I could see new York doing something like 25, Fournier and vucevic for 8 noah and lee. I could see charlotte and Detroit not wanting another rookie.

But there is zero chance. ZERO! that philly, phoenix, and sacramento trade their pick unless they want to move down slightly during the draft. Like if we love Jackson and philly loves monk and/or smith philly will draft Jackson then trade him to us if smith or monk is still available. But there will be no obtaining a second top 5 pick. wont happen.

We might, MIGHT, be able to swing a deal for a 8-12 pick as I could see new York doing something like 25, Fournier and vucevic for 8 noah and lee. I could see charlotte and Detroit not wanting another rookie.

But there is zero chance. ZERO! that philly, phoenix, and sacramento trade their pick unless they want to move down slightly during the draft. Like if we love Jackson and philly loves monk and/or smith philly will draft Jackson then trade him to us if smith or monk is still available. But there will be no obtaining a second top 5 pick. wont happen.

Paying Biyombo and Noah $35M/year for the next 3 years isn't all that appealing...