Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/jonathan-isaac-is-a-safe-nba-draft-prospect-with-upside

It's easy to see Isaac as a prospect with a quite a bit of upside. But it's also easy, I think, to view him as a safe pick, a potential high-level role player who works hard on defense, provides off-ball value on offense, and allows his team to better run a switch-everything defensive scheme. Even if his offense never gels, he's exactly the sort of player who is worth a mid-lottery pick. Indeed, Isaac shows the limitations of placing prospects in the safe and upside buckets. He has a foot in both, and as such, should be one of the most intriguing players in the 2017 draft.

good Isaac article. lots of numbers and stuff.

So I guess Lavar is starting to cost lonzo money now

Darren Rovell‏Verified account

@darrenrovell

BREAKING: Nike, Under Armour & adidas passing on Lonzo Ball after LaVar insisted on them licensing Big Baller Brand

@darrenrovell

BREAKING: Nike, Under Armour & adidas passing on Lonzo Ball after LaVar insisted on them licensing Big Baller Brand

I saw that too. That is exactly what this is. Dad ran his mouth and companies are now avoiding this guy like the plague because of the circus that comes with the Ball last name.

I will not be surprised if Ball drops out of the top 5 either because of his dad. Teams might not want to deal with it, not to mention that the kid is a really good passer but the jump shot form is horrendous and he can't play defense against quick guards like DeAaron Fox, even if you slid him to SG or SF. He can't guard those positions either. His footwork is horrible.

That is what happens when your offense in high school is equivalent to an all star game without the all star talent. You pick up horrible tendencies and if those arent corrected (which they werent in his 1 year in college), then you carry those with you to the NBA. I think this guy is a bust waiting to happen.

@darrenrovell

"Don't worry son we'll do our own. Bigballaaaaa!"

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.ITsK3Bx8aQ58GHKaY--owgEsCw%26pid%3D15.1&f=1

Lmao. It's already happening. No one is gonna want to do business with that idiot.

Well, I see I'm not the only one who's not high on Ball. Sorry, but even forgetting his insane father, he's not a safe pick. Can't defend at all, and I'm not sure how much of his offense will translate. Some of it certainly will; he looks like an elite level passer in the making, and funky form or not, I'm sure he'll be a solid spot up shooter. But it should take more than good passing and solid spot-up shooting to be top 3 in this loaded draft. I'm officially in the position where I'd take Tatum, Smith Jr, or Fox over him. For now, obviously; things can always change, this early in the draft process.

NHL lottery was nuts, 3 teams jumped the bottom feeder including the 13th odds

With the 1st pick of the 2017 draft the Orlando Magic pick...

and later... we have a trade to announce, the Orlando Magic trade Elfrid Payton and their 2018 top 10 protected 1st to the Sacramento Kings for their pick and take...

With the 1st pick of the 2017 draft the Orlando Magic pick...

and later... we have a trade to announce, the Orlando Magic trade Elfrid Payton and their 2018 top 10 protected 1st to the Sacramento Kings for their pick and take...

Yes, best possible outcome for the Magic. I actually think that Elfrid could do very well on the Kings. If we got Fultz, i would have no problem trading Payton.