Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

I'd go for a PG in the draft and try to do a Payton for Lavine trade

That is actually an interesting idea. Not sold at all on LaVine, but he definitely has potential.

So I used that lottery simulator one time. The flippin Mavericks got the number one pick. We got 7th.

What are some good player comps for Issac? He's built like Durant but not sure if he has that high of a ceiling.

I like Rashard Lewis, but with a better handle, better defense and a less established shot.

That is actually an interesting idea. Not sold at all on LaVine, but he definitely has potential.

So once you average 19ppg as a 21 year old while shooting almost 39% from 3--you've passed the "has potential" to be good talk and move on to the "how much better can he become" talk.

I would love to trade for Lavine. Shame we didn't just draft him.

I could get behind a core 3 of Fox or Smith JR/Lavine/AG and hope that Mario breaks out.

Fox/Lavine/Mario/AG/

Could be a nice 4.

• Upvote 1

They have a few but I think they all suck

Rubio is to similar to Payton for a trade to be based off that I think. I actually prefer Rubio to Payton pretty easily.

Maybe they want to go a different route though and not pay him 30 mil over the next 2 years in which case that could change things.

So it seems if we stay around 4-6 we are taking one of Tatum, Issac, Monk, Smith jr, fox.

So who fits our team currently the best if Gordon and Payton make marginal improvements?

Who has the highest upside in regards to our team?

Who has the highest floor in regards to our team?

I like it factor guys. Who has the killer instinct despite other questions? I think this one is Monk.

So it seems if we stay around 4-6 we are taking one of Tatum, Issac, Monk, Smith jr, fox.

So who fits our team currently the best if Gordon and Payton make marginal improvements?

I like it factor guys. Who has the killer instinct despite other questions? I think this one is Monk.

Yeah I'd go with Monk.

Isaac isn't a killer but he would fit as well as Tatum.

However, we should not pick based on what EP does or become. BPA. Period.

You can argue Tatum is the best fit as we need scoring.

You can argue monk is the best fit. He should provide a lot of gravity with his shooting.

Smith makes sense if we don't want to keep Payton.

Fox makes sense as we need a defensive guard even if we keep Payton short term.

So once you average 19ppg as a 21 year old while shooting almost 39% from 3--you've passed the "has potential" to be good talk and move on to the "how much better can he become" talk.

I would love to trade for Lavine. Shame we didn't just draft him.

I could get behind a core 3 of Fox or Smith JR/Lavine/AG and hope that Mario breaks out.

Fox/Lavine/Mario/AG/

Could be a nice 4.

That's what I'm thinking. Let him recover from that ACL injury while we get another lottery pick. And then in 2019 the Lakers tank for us