Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

I really think Philly is going Monk if they stay at 4 or even 5. Unless they are just crazy about another player Monk makes to much sense. This is why I hope we don't fall past 5 cause I think Tatum will be there.

Tatum is your number 1 outside of the top 3?

The vast majority of scouting reports I've read on Issac would disagree with your first paragraph. Not saying you're wrong, if your're an FSU fan you watched FAR more FSU basketball than me--but most scouts seem to sum him up as more of a spot up shooter rather than a guy who is going to drive a ton and create a lot of offense.

Again, that's just what I've read your scouting take could be money for all I know.

If we take Issac at 5 or 6 I'll try to get on board I just think it's a mistake over those 3 guards. If they're off the board and we pick 8th than I'm fine with Issac. With his shot, size and length--he seems pretty safe to me.

I mean, I very easily could be wrong. I think FSU played him mainly as a spot up shooter, I just don't think that's where his greatest potential is. A lot of it comes down to mentality as well. He just isn't demanding the ball and taking the game into his own hands like a top guy. He lacks the killer instinct.

So ultimately, I agree with you that he's not the guy we want at 4 or 5. Of course, everything can change after workouts, but I'll be right there with you convincing myself to like the pick.

• Upvote 1

Tatum is your number 1 outside of the top 3?

Yea for sure.

Fultz

Jackson

Ball

Tatum

SmithJr

Monk

Fox

Markennan/Issac

For the 25th Pick:

Semi Ojeleye

Luke Kennard

Rodions Kurucs

For the second rounders:

Alec Peters

Anzejs Pasecniks

Mathias Lessort

Kobi Simmons

I'd just shoot for anyone with high upside in the second that you could give a 2 way contract to and see what happens. I think the above 3 fit that bill outside of Peters, who I think might be able to just be a rotational bench guy.

• Upvote 1

Yea for sure.

Fultz

Jackson

Ball

Tatum

SmithJr

Monk

Fox

Markennan/Issac

For the 25th Pick:

Semi Ojeleye

Luke Kennard

Rodions Kurucs

For the second rounders:

Alec Peters

Anzejs Pasecniks

Mathias Lessort

Kobi Simmons

I'd just shoot for anyone with high upside in the second that you could give a 2 way contract to and see what happens. I think the above 3 fit that bill outside of Peters, who I think might be able to just be a rotational bench guy.

Tatum, Smith, and Monk. Either of them I'm cool with. Workouts will help.

Would be so nice if we lucked into the number 1 pick.

What are some good player comps for Issac? He's built like Durant but not sure if he has that high of a ceiling.