Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

What do you mean by dynamics?

Ainge is fine with Thomas especially in the short term. Fultz doesn't provide enough of a difference to get them over the Lebron hump. So they trade the pick for a guy who fits the team and doesn't displace current players. Or they use the obtained assets to upgrade with a guy like Butler.

This trade allows short term gains while not jeopardizing long term progress.

If they didn't have Thomas it changes everything in my opinion.

Something i keep thinking about, on Woj's last podcast with Marks, they dove a little into the prospects and Woj said "he knows 2 of the top 6 GMs..."....6, not top 10 or 8..........6; which, i take as Hammond being the 2nd GM, "....that feels Josh Jackson is the best player in this draft." Hmmmm

So with the recent trade and it coming out about Ball and LA, Ainge feeling Tatum is 2nd coming of Pierce, and Phx now super high on Isaac, makes me think if Hammond and Weltman really believe Jackson is THE best player in the draft, and he falls to within their grasps, how patient or aggressive will they be to make sure he ends up in Orlando?

I never thought Jackson would be possible but fuuuuck, it can really happen!!! We havent been lucky during this rebuild but maybe, JUST MAYBE, our fortune starts to change and we get a steal at #6 with some needed luck.

Id double-down on that luck and try to get #7 from Thibs. I offer anything except AG. Imagine also getting DSJ.

DSJ/Ross/Jackson/Gordon/Biz

Something i keep thinking about, on Woj's last podcast with Marks, they dove a little into the prospects and Woj said "he knows 2 of the top 6 GMs..."....6, not top 10 or 8..........6; which, i take as Hammond being the 2nd GM, "....that feels Josh Jackson is the best player in this draft." Hmmmm

So with the recent trade and it coming out about Ball and LA, Ainge feeling Tatum is 2nd coming of Pierce, and Phx now super high on Isaac, makes me think if Hammond and Weltman really believe Jackson is THE best player in the draft, and he falls to within their grasps, how patient or aggressive will they be to make sure he ends up in Orlando?

I never thought Jackson would be possible but fuuuuck, it can really happen!!! We havent been lucky during this rebuild but maybe, JUST MAYBE, our fortune starts to change and we get a steal at #6 with some needed luck.

Id double-down on that luck and try to get #7 from Thibs. I offer anything except AG. Imagine also getting DSJ.

DSJ/Ross/Jackson/Gordon/Biz

Wait what are we doubling down on again? Maybes?

I think that Boston-Philly trade can be a win-win for both franchises as long as Boston turns the added assets into one of the stars available (Butler, George, Hayward). If they don't, it's a bit of a risky move holding those picks.

I think Philly did well because Fultz is what they need and they can't keep stockpiling picks, they had to make a move at some point or else they will risk the likes of Embiid and Simmons getting sick of losing and wanting to move on. Now they have an exciting core that they can move forward with and hopefully develop a bond. I'm jealous.

For Boston, I think Tatum or Jackson will do more for them winning this season then Fultz, considering it looks like they are set on keeping IT. If they get one of those stars mentioned above then they will almost be a lock for top seed in the east and a great shot at a title.

So, 3 and 1/2 days to go, here is my Top 10 Mock Draft:

1. Sixers - Markelle Fultz

2. Lakers - Lonzo Ball

3. Celtics - Josh Jackson

4. Suns - Jonathan Isaac

5. Kings - Jayson Tatum

6. Magic - Dennis Smith

7. T-Wolves - De'Aaron Fox

8. Knicks - Frank Ntilikina

9. Mavs - Lauri Markannen

10. Kings - Malik Monk

So, 3 and 1/2 days to go, here is my Top 10 Mock Draft:

2. Lakers - Lonzo Ball

3. Celtics - Josh Jackson

4. Suns - Jonathan Isaac

5. Kings - Jayson Tatum

6. Magic - Dennis Smith

7. T-Wolves - De'Aaron Fox

10. Kings - Malik Monk

I think a little differently than you. I think that if Boston doesn't trade #3, it looks more like this.

2. Lakers - Lonzo Ball

3. Celtics - Jayson Tatum

4. Suns - Jonathan Isaac

5. Kings - De'Aaron Fox

6. Magic - Dennis Smith

7. T-Wolves -Malik Monk

10. Kings - Josh Jackson

I think a little differently than you. I think that if Boston doesn't trade #3, it looks more like this.

2. Lakers - Lonzo Ball

3. Celtics - Jayson Tatum

4. Suns - Jonathan Isaac

5. Kings - De'Aaron Fox

6. Magic - Dennis Smith

7. T-Wolves -Malik Monk

10. Kings - Josh Jackson

whoa, Jackson at 10? Interesting.

I do think if he's on the board at 6, we take him.

whoa, Jackson at 10? Interesting.

I do think if he's on the board at 6, we take him.

Josh Jackson is the hardest guy for me to figure out who is going to pull the trigger on him. He seems to me like a really good, all-around player. The kind that would make a great second banana. I just think there are enough players that are better at ONE thing, that when combined with the issue he had while in college, it will allow teams to talk themselves out of picking him. I think if he gets past the C's at #3, he may fall. If the Celtics hadn't just lost in the playoffs due to Offensive shortcomings, I would put him there; but they did, so I went with Tatum. I think he would be a good fit with Phoenix, but I think Isaac is a slightly better Defensive player, which they need more. The Kings really need a point guard, so I can see them debating hard, but ultimately choosing Fox. The T-Wolves have Wiggins, so I don't see him going there; I did debate Monk vs Markannen to them, since I like the small ball fit with Towns/Markannen/Wiggins up front, but decided on the extra backcourt depth there. I don't see NY taking him unless they are ready to move on from the Melo era, and Ntilikina seems like a real fit for the triangle. I'm not sure that there is enough of Nowitski's game in Markannen to convince the Mavs to take him over Josh Jackson, but I'm not sure there aren't enough for them to pass on Markannen. I don't think the Kings pass on him twice, hence him going #10.

so many writers are projecting us to take Isaac :(/>

Is this purely based off of the fact they think Isaac fits Hammond's model of guys they want? If so, I am not too concerned, though it could happen.