Soul Bro

2017 NBA Draft Thread

Over the past few weeks we’ve been building a projection of Markelle Fultz’s as a three-level scorer thanks to his off-the-dribble shooting, handle and finishing combination. Dennis Smith also has that final finishing element which makes him the only other realistic three-level scoring prospect in this class (three-level scoring refers to 3-pointers, midrange, and around the basket scoring).

Smith relies on his advanced handle to break defenders down off the dribble and navigate his way in tight spaces against set defenses on his way to the rim. By the numbers, Smith actually grades out a little above Fultz in his ability to get to the basket in unassisted fashion, and ranks above average for some of the other lead guards over the last five years.

However, as with Fultz and outlined in earlier Smith breakdowns, if you delve deeper for team context the fact Smith was able to get to the rim as much as he did given his surrounding personnel was impressive. As scouts and writers start to dive back into the tape on Smith, the lack of spacing and secondary playmaking talent Smith dealt with was clear. He routinely saw multiple bodies attacking the paint, as illustrated in this handy snapshot from DraftExpress’ Josh Riddell.

http://fansided.com/...ing-projection/

Ugh. He's gonna go before we pick.

Stupid meaningless wins.

We should have won a few more to be in Sacramentos spot and we would be 3.

Biased?

No, I think Isaac has as high an upside as anyone. I he adds a unique skill level that we do not have at both ends of the floor. It may take him a couple of years to reach his potential, but as an FSU fan I don't think the coaching staff used him properly. I do think that his main hurdle is he needs to be a little more selfish at times. If I was truly bias, I would have had us picking Dwayne Bacon with one of our 2nd round picks as well.

Current #Sixers' big board:

1. Tatum

2. Smith

3. Monk

4. Isaac

5. Jackson

1:09 PM - 25 May 2017

Per Andrew Porter

Grain of salt yall

pick 6 Johnathan Isaac SF

pick 25 Ivann Rabb PF/C

Pick 33 Frank Jackson PG

Pick 35 Caleb Swanigan PF

Biased?

Currently NBAdraft.net has us taking:

#6 Isaac SF/PF

#25 DJ Wilson PF (Ivan Rabb off the board at 22)

#33 Frank Jackson PG/SG

#35 Tony Bradley C (Caleb Swanigan off the board at 31)

Draftexpress:

#6 Monk SG (Isaac goes 7)

#25 Terrance Ferguson SG (Rabb goes 28)

#33 Jordan Bell PF (Jackson goes 38)

#35 Thomas Bryant C (Swanigan goes 40)

If the draft falls the way that draftexpress thinks it will, then all four players that xtremenole wants would be available for us. However, if it falls the way NBAdraft.net thinks it will, then we would only get two of the players xtremenole suggests. So it is possible we could come out of the draft with the haul that xtremenole suggests, or something not to dissimilar.

#6 Isaac SF/PF

#33 Frank Jackson PG/SG

Draftexpress:

If the draft falls the way that draftexpress thinks it will, then all four players that xtremenole wants would be available for us. However, if it falls the way NBAdraft.net thinks it will, then we would only get two of the players xtremenole suggests. So it is possible we could come out of the draft with the haul that xtremenole suggests, or something not to dissimilar.

WOW! Honestly didn't even look at those mock drafts.

#6 Isaac SF/PF

#33 Frank Jackson PG/SG

Draftexpress:

Just messing around because he's a Nole wanting Isaac

I have no clue what we're going to do.