Sign in to follow this  
HeHateMe

Welcome Serge Ibaka

15/8 still isn't worth what we gave up.

OMG we gave up an overrated 2 guard, a rotational big man at best, and ILY who couldn't even crack our rotation last year. It's beyond worth what we gave up to fill our biggest whole which was rim protection, not to mention a guy who has great mid range game.

Seriously what do you think Dipo could net us? Do you really think Rob turned down better deals? I don't understand. Your completely overvaluing Dipo. Again, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Zimmerman is as adequate a backup rotational big as Sabonis. We did not give up near as much as people are crying about and making it seem.

This came down to Rob being more comfortable investing in Fournier/Mario long-term, which I completely agree with. And in the process, you take care of our biggest void which was interior defense.

You really don't know how to handle disagreeing with other people, do you?

Not when your lone reasoning for complaining like a little kid about a decision is "He's on the decline, there is no other way to look at his numbers, he's 26 and on the decline, there is no other explanation for it"

Again:

I want you people who keep saying Ibaka is on the decline to go on record right now and say he will average 12/7 or worse next year. Please, we all want to hear it.

So far, still no takers :shard:/>

OMG we gave up an overrated 2 guard, a rotational big man at best, and ILY who couldn't even crack our rotation last year. It's beyond worth what we gave up to fill our biggest whole which was rim protection, not to mention a guy who has great mid range game.

Seriously what do you think Dipo could net us? Do you really think Rob turned down better deals? I don't understand. Your completely overvaluing Dipo. Again, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Zimmerman is as adequate a backup rotational big as Sabonis. We did not give up near as much as people are crying about and making it seem.

This came down to Rob being more comfortable investing in Fournier/Mario long-term, which I completely agree with. And in the process, you take care of our biggest void which was interior defense.

Look, I get that you think Ibaka is winning the MVP this year. We all get it by now. I think we could've gotten more, simple as that.

Look, I get that you think Ibaka is winning the MVP this year. We all get it by now. I think we could've gotten more, simple as that.

Really? Did I say that? Hmm. Must have missed where I typed that. But you're obviously getting upset so putting words in my mouth makes sense. And instead of saying pointless comments like this, you could just answer the questions I sent your way in that post.

I do think he will average around 15/8/2.7 maybe slightly more depending on what other moves we do.

Not when your lone reasoning for complaining like a little kid about a decision is "He's on the decline, there is no other way to look at his numbers, he's 26 and on the decline, there is no other explanation for it"

Again:

I want you people who keep saying Ibaka is on the decline to go on record right now and say he will average 12/7 or worse next year. Please, we all want to hear it.

So far, still no takers :shard:/>/>

Ibaka's presence alone will change how teams play against us. We needed rim protection and we got it before free agency even started.

Ibaka's presence alone will change how teams play against us. We needed rim protection and we got it before free agency even started.

It will. And like you said, addressing this huge void before free agency even started is great. Now I don't have to try in talk myself into liking Ezeli or Biyombo, because I was trying really hard to.

The trade did fill our inside defensive void but it also opened up a perimeter defensive void.

That void may be filled but as of now the trade is a wash in my opinion.

Again:

I'm done, man. I'm trying to have a reasonable conversation about the value of this trade, but you want to speak in hyperbole and disrespect other posters because they disagree with you. No reason to continue this.

Again:

He could continue to decline and still put up very numbers here than he did last year, you know

I don't care what Ibaka averages if he can get our defensive rating to 100 or below

Exactly! For those of you how are still lost on how much we got better defensively, It was the Cavs defense that won the Ship for them.....defense wins championships and just got one of the best in the league. By the way, he also wants to be here from what I understand!

Now I am just waiting for the AG, Serge and Elfrid defense to start clicking!!!

It will. And like you said, addressing this huge void before free agency even started is great. Now I don't have to try in talk myself into liking Ezeli or Biyombo, because I was trying really hard to.

Well done!!

He could continue to decline and still put up very numbers here than he did last year, you know

Continue to decline and put up much better numbers, that's generally the mark of a player on the decline.