Sign in to follow this  
HeHateMe

Welcome Serge Ibaka

dipo has peaked man, he just doesn't have a knack at finishing at the rim or getting fouled. he is a guy that is a freakish athlete but can't explode/be creative going to the rim finishing... also i've hated his handle even since he came... was happy he gone

Oladipo is replaceable in that we have 2 guys who can play his position (assuming we re-sign Fournier). Oladipo's defense is not replaceable by anyone currently on the roster. This was a team with one good perimeter defender. Now it's a team without one. Oladipo's rebounding is not replaceable by any 2G on this roster. Oladipo's mid-range game game is not replaceable by any 2G currently on this roster. By replacing Dipo with Fournier or Mario, we upgrade from a serviceable shooter to a good one, at the expense of defense, rebounding, and offensive versatility. Those things are what Ibaka has to make up for. The last one he will not help with, even if he has the best year of his career. The second one he's only ever been average. Both Vuc and Gordon are better rebounders than Ibaka. Ibaka is at best a high level defensive big who can make open shots. We traded away a high level defensive wing who can score in a variety of ways, run an offense for short stints, and rebound well for a guard. I'm not seeing how Oladipo is replaceable at this point, much less beyond so.

I like Ibaka. I was excited when I heard we got him. But Dipo is not easily replaceable. That's just not true.

Finding a wing man to help with defense is easier than finding a top defensive big man. Oladipo's problem is he is a player who needs the ball in his hands to be effective, but he isn't even all that effective offensively. His shooting is beyond streaky, his finishing ability at the rim is shaky sometimes as well. He's a good player no doubt, but some people need to calm down and stop acting like we just gave up prime Kobe or something. We traded a guy who is looking at a career as a solid starter for a long time, but not a superstar. We needed to upgrade our post defense and had a logjam on the perimeter. This is a deal that makes sense, but only time will tell how it plays out.

Would be more excited if we didn't give up Oladipo. Not too happy about it right now. I'm going to wait until free agency to make a final decision on this one.

Yea, I'd be more excited if we got Ibaka for Nicholson.

FtLaWq2PXHb1u.gif

Finding a wing man to help with defense is easier than finding a top defensive big man. Oladipo's problem is he is a player who needs the ball in his hands to be effective, but he isn't even all that effective offensively. His shooting is beyond streaky, his finishing ability at the rim is shaky sometimes as well. He's a good player no doubt, but some people need to calm down and stop acting like we just gave up prime Kobe or something. We traded a guy who is looking at a career as a solid starter for a long time, but not a superstar. We needed to upgrade our post defense and had a logjam on the perimeter. This is a deal that makes sense, but only time will tell how it plays out.

I don't disagree that Oladipo had his flaws. But pretending that he wasn't an overall very good player is just blind. Trying to pretend guys like him are a dime a dozen is ridiculous. We gave up a significant asset, and a lottery pick. Ibaka has to earn that. I've not seen anyone compare Vic to Kobe, or even Wade, in expressing dislike for the trade. I have seen people worried that we gave up an above-average starter for a 12/7 guy who is statistically declining.

I don't disagree that Oladipo had his flaws. But pretending that he wasn't an overall very good player is just blind. Trying to pretend guys like him are a dime a dozen is ridiculous. We gave up a significant asset, and a lottery pick. Ibaka has to earn that. I've not seen anyone compare Vic to Kobe, or even Wade, in expressing dislike for the trade. I have seen people worried that we gave up an above-average starter for a 12/7 guy who is statistically declining.

A lottery pick in a bad draft. Zimmerman might end up a better player then Sabonis in a few years. We got a significant asset back. It is much harder to find an Ibaka over an Oladipo.

Again, since you wanna talk about his numbers declining--let's put money down right now that his numbers are better then 12/7 next year. And you know how I know you know that you don't really beleive his numbers will continue to decline? You won't touch this bet. Doesn't even have to be for money, just a gentlemens bet.

I want you people who keep saying Ibaka is on the decline to go on record right now and say he will average 12/7 or worse next year. Please, we all want to hear it.

And before you say "of course he will he's playing on a worse team", the Magic will win more games next year then they did this year with Oladipo running the show.

I want you people who keep saying Ibaka is on the decline to go on record right now and say he will average 12/7 or worse next year. Please, we all want to hear it.

15/8 still isn't worth what we gave up.

A lottery pick in a bad draft. Zimmerman might end up a better player then Sabonis in a few years. We got a significant asset back. It is much harder to find an Ibaka over an Oladipo.

Again, since you wanna talk about his numbers declining--let's put money down right now that his numbers are better then 12/7 next year. And you know how I know you know that you don't really beleive his numbers will continue to decline? You won't touch this bet. Doesn't even have to be for money, just a gentlemens bet.

And before you say "of course he will he's playing on a worse team", the Magic will win more games next year then they did this year with Oladipo running the show.

You really don't know how to handle disagreeing with other people, do you?

• Upvote 1