Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Tons and tons and tons of draft picks...thank the nets for that and all their quality pieces are on really cheap deals

man just hope the nets do well this year, otherwise boston will become a power house down the road

I get that they made the playoffs but I just don't get why people say this. What is so great about the Celtics roster? They have Isaiah which is a nice piece but then after that who do they have that is better than the players we have?

Think about it like a fan of the NBA in general. They've made the playoffs the last two seasons. They improved their seeding this season and they won a couple of playoff games. It doesn't matter if you think we have better players; they are showing improvement. We got out of the basement last season, but that's about it as far as most people are concerned. Perception is reality, especially if you aren't a contender.

I get that they made the playoffs but I just don't get why people say this. What is so great about the Celtics roster? They have Isaiah which is a nice piece but then after that who do they have that is better than the players we have?

Mainly all of the Nets high lottery picks. Plus they have a few players that could entice other teams

Why does people think OKC will be trading Westbrook now that Durant left? He is THE GUY now.

He can get more money there and OKC will try to get another piece next summer to once again be a top team in the West.

I am still looking forward to the see how the Oladipo-Westbrook duo works out and they still have a great coach in Donovan.

It sucks that OKC waited so long for his decision instead going forward aggressively with another high level free agent.

They could it got Barnes or even Green.

Nevertheless, they will have a ton of money next year and can pray another star. They might go all in after Griffin and/or even Ibaka.

Why does people think OKC will be trading Westbrook now that Durant left? He is THE GUY now.

He can get more money there and OKC will try to get another piece next summer to once again be a top team in the West.

I am still looking forward to the see how the Oladipo-Westbrook duo works out and they still have a great coach in Donovan.

It sucks that OKC waited so long for his decision instead going forward aggressively with another high level free agent.

They could it got Barnes or even Green.

Nevertheless, they will have a ton of money next year and can pray another star. They might go all in after Griffin and/or even Ibaka.

Because there's reports that they're exploring trading Westbrook.

And they need to get something of value to start their rebuild

My lineup prediction as of now:

PG: Elfrid/Augustine/Watson/Napier

SG: Fournier/Mario/Meeks/Marble

SF: Green/Gordon/Mario

PF: Ibaka/Gordon/Rookie

C:Vooch/Bizz B

We need more scoring at SF though....wouldn't be surprised to see a trade. If not now, then in February. May have to ship out Vooch to bring in some backcourt scoring.

I'm not a fan of running your offense through the center, as we have had to do the past 3 years wit Vooch being the best consistent scorer.

Hoping for a miracle to be able to trade for Paul George and bring him back to Vogel, who developed him into the all star he is today.

If AG, our high draft pick, in year three can't get into the starting lineup over Jeff Green, that says something. Rather it's he's not working hard on his game, which I don't believe, or he's working on the wrong things, or he isn't as good as we hoped.

They have young players and a crap ton of future 1st rd picks

From Chris Mannix:

"Oklahoma City is in trouble. The franchise cornerstone is gone, and any hope of competing for anything more than a second-round playoff exit left with him. Presti has done a masterful job assembling a team through shrewd draft picks, timely trades and a willingness to be proactive in dealing with disgruntled stars. He turned James Harden into Steven Adams, flipped Reggie Jackson for Enes Kanter, plucked Victor Oladipo, Domantas Sabonis and Ersan Ilyasova from Orlando for Serge Ibaka. He built a deep roster around Durant – and one that can’t win without him..."

"So here are the Thunder: No Durant and perhaps an irresistible offer away from losing two franchise players. And maybe they should. Durant’s defection established a clear NBA alpha. It’s Golden State’s league, and for the next few years everyone else is playing for second place. Trade Westbrook, swim in assets for a few years and resurface when the Warriors storm has started to fade. It took a long time for Oklahoma City to get to this point. It will take even longer to get back."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/what-now-for-the-thunder-031325945.html

I doubt a conversation like that. Even if there was one we'd only be getting Westbrook as a one season rental. I don't think these guys collude with one another just because they've worked together in the past(I can't really say for sure though).I'd guess if there was some colluding going on this isn't a conversation they would have.

I guarantee at some point the convo consisted of Durant possibly leaving. What the details were, I don't know but anyone who has been charge of employees talking with someone else who does the same, will tell the possibility is more than likely. Especially if there's already an rapport from working with each other in the past.

Just a reminder, Hezonja plays Italy today at 3:00 eastern. a stream might be available.

also remember the international game is much different than nba games so stats don't translate as well. It's closer to the college game in pace. for comparison, Italy beat Tunisia yesterday 68-41. Bargnani lead all scorers with 15 points.

If AG, our high draft pick, in year three can't get into the starting lineup over Jeff Green, that says something. Rather it's he's not working hard on his game, which I don't believe, or he's working on the wrong things, or he isn't as good as we hoped.

or he is a power forward