Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

Can we get a list of players that are holding their FA meetups in LA? Maybe we can force some optimism by connecting some dots.

I love all this overreaction the day BEFORE the Free Agency period begins, lol!

Speaking for myself, it's mostly just fear. I like this team. I enjoy rooting for this team. I don't feel like sitting through another rebuild before we even get back to the playoffs. Right now we are not linked to any big FAs and we're making moves that might mean we're not going to sign the one restricted FA we can control. Hopefully, some big signing comes out of nowhere. But the landscape is scary right now.

I don't know about you guys but I'm feeling good about free agency. Milsap was really considering us with a less attractive roster I believe and I think having Frank Vogel and Chad Forcier as our coaches is a huge plus. They're respected coaches around the league too so I definitely think it'll help in the recruiting process. Getting one of the top 10 free agents and adding good pieces for the bench would be a win in my eyes. If Gordon has to move to the bench in a 6th man role because other players they bring in make a better starting five than I'd be okay with that.

no. that doesn't make sense.

more like "Here's an offer for X. if you want more go ahead and look".

Perhaps, but signing another guy tells the current guy, uh-oh, I guess they have another option. Let's the current girlfriend know to back down her demands.

If Gordon has to move to the bench in a 6th man role because other players they bring in make a better starting five than I'd be okay with that.

I'm not a fan of that at all. Gordon is our best/most potential 1-on-1 defender and should be on the court with the other team's best SF-PF and maybe even SG. If you bring him in as the 6th man you aren't maximizing his defensive presence against the other team's best wing/PF. I'd much rather see Vuc move to the 6th man role or move Payton to the bench in favor of a PG who can keep defenses honest.

I'm not a fan of that at all. Gordon is our best/most potential 1-on-1 defender and should be on the court with the other team's best SF-PF and maybe even SG. If you bring him in as the 6th man you aren't maximizing his defensive presence against the other team's best wing/PF. I'd much rather see Vuc move to the 6th man role or move Payton to the bench in favor of a PG who can keep defenses honest.

So say we come away with Batum and Fournier. You wouldn't be okay with Gordon being the 6th man?

So say we come away with Batum and Fournier. You wouldn't be okay with Gordon being the 6th man?

What others have said. I'd make Vuc our 6th man to anchor the offense of the second unit.

@AlexKennedyNBA: The Orlando Magic have expressed interest in Eric Gordon, according to sources.

what the what. I'm going to assume agents are just leaking stuff now to try and drive up the price for their guys. I want to say this makes no sense but if we're really making Crawford our first meeting tonight then interest in Gordon isn't totally unrealistic. Still have no clue what Hennigan is up to though...