Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

I stopped reading after you said that I was insinuating that all gun owners use their guns to kill people. You're very good at arguing with a strawman. You must have been a crow in a past life. Have a nice day.

I stopped reading after you said that I was insinuating that all gun owners use their guns to kill people. You're very good at arguing with a strawman. You must have been a crow in a past life. Have a nice day.

I wouldn't expect you to continue reading, that would be the intelligent thing to do. You mean nothing to me. You are part of the problem. "Killing Machines" :shard:/>/> Have a nice day as well. Go Magic. God Bless.

Back to Off-Season talk

Folks, this is what they want. I promise you. They hate, absolutely hate our rights. If a ban on guns were to take place, the violence would escalate on a scale you haven't even begun to imagine. They know that these attacks aren't just about taking lives but also directed to a bigger goal, erasing this country and what it stands for. To do that, you first take away citizens rights and implement a new system.

They have been here for quite a while now. Their attacks are more pinpointed and less frequent because of armed citizens. Take that away and we are well on our way to becoming modern day Syria.

Folks, this is what they want. I promise you. They hate, absolutely hate our rights. If a ban on guns were to take place, the violence would escalate on a scale you haven't even begun to imagine. They know that these attacks aren't just about taking lives but also directed to a bigger goal, erasing this country and what it stands for. To do that, you first take away citizens rights and implement a new system.

They have been here for quite a while now. Their attacks are more pinpointed and less frequent because of armed citizens. Take that away and we are well on our way to becoming modern day Syria.

yeah ok

This isn't the place for this debate

Nor the time.

My heart is with the familiy of the victims. Some who are still waiting for news on their love ones. REMEMBER THIS: WE ARE ORLANDO!

#iamorlando

#prayfororlando.

yeah ok

It's not an opinionated statement. It's factual. Sit down and talk to anyone who's been overseas for a period time and see what they tell you.

They want power. To get that you have to eventually take away the power (or rights) from the people.

Barnes took a gamble last summer by turning down a four-year, $64 million offer from the Warriors. Now, because of his willingness to accept a role as a fourth option on a championship caliber team, Barnes is an enormous gamble for teams with cap space this summer. He averaged 11.7 points and 4.9 rebounds this season, and his player-efficiency rating has actually dipped in his fourth season, from 13.4 last year to 12.9 this year (15.0 is considered average).

The emergence of Draymond Green has dented Barnes’ usefulness to the Warriors, and Golden State gave Green a five-year deal worth $85 million last summer. That brings us back to Lacob, who, when he was originally speaking about the Warriors’ future payroll, was not counting on Green’s stardom. But he also was not aware at the time that the league’s new television deal would be so rich, and that payrolls would spike this summer. That’s created a narrow path for the Warriors to actually make a play for the top free-agent prize, Kevin Durant.

But there has been blow-back against that notion, according to sources within the organization, especially if the Warriors win another title. Several teams with significant cap space this summer — the Celtics, Lakers, Suns, Mavericks among them — have the intention of pursuing Barnes, especially as a fallback option for Durant. Barnes is expected to receive and offer of at least $20 million per year or perhaps as much as a max offer starting at about $23 million.

The Warriors have the right to match any offer, though, because Barnes is a restricted free agent. One source within the organization pointed out that Lacob and the Warriors owners have, indeed, said all along that he will pay to keep a winning team together, and that has not changed. As an outsider NBA general manager told Sporting News, “I think that all along that they were not going to let him go unless they fell down and didn’t win it all. It might just be that they’re trying to push down offers, but that’s the message.”

The one possible scenario in which Barnes leaves, the source said, would be if he approached the Warriors front office with a request to be elsewhere. If Barnes determines he would like to have a chance to be a more featured part of an offense, the Warriors would likely honor that — especially if a sign-and-trade deal could be worked out. A deal involving fellow free agent Nicolas Batum of the Hornets (Barnes played college basketball at North Carolina) has been rumored, but of course nothing along those lines has actually been discussed.

http://www.sportingn...jb1j8quv6q4g4ap

I can't understand anyone wanting to pay Barnes $20-23M per season.

[/size]http://www.sportingn...jb1j8quv6q4g4ap

I can't understand anyone wanting to pay Barnes $20-23M per season.

He just turned 24

He's been an important piece for a historically great team.

He's an excellent defender

He plays both 3 and 4 (and has some experience defending traditional power forwards)

He's a great three point shooter.

There's some scouts who think he's capable of becoming a fantastic player (this is why he spent a significant amount of time projected as the number one pick).

there's enough there for someone to gamble on him. Either he becomes the player everyone thought Rudy Gay would be or he transitions into a modern day version of Tayshaun Prince.

It's definitely worth debating whether someone should give barnes 20+ million per year but I have zero doubts that someone will.

He just turned 24

He's been an important piece for a historically great team.

He's an excellent defender

He plays both 3 and 4 (and has some experience defending traditional power forwards)

He's a great three point shooter.

There's some scouts who think he's capable of becoming a fantastic player (this is why he spent a significant amount of time projected as the number one pick).

there's enough there for someone to gamble on him. Either he becomes the player everyone thought Rudy Gay would be or he transitions into a modern day version of Tayshaun Prince.

It's definitely worth debating whether someone should give barnes 20+ million per year but I have zero doubts that someone will.

I'd rather pay Barnes 20 + a year than Fournier