Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

The difference between Dipo & Butler is not Vuch. I'm actually semi-surprised Bulls fans wouldn't like that deal, but at the same time not surprised at all because they think Butler is Lebron James.

I still don't see why the Bulls would ever trade Butler, unless there really are things going on with management that we don't know about.

On your first point, they wouldn't do the deal for the same reason we would do the deal. Butler is a solid piece to build around for a playoff team. It's also about a 60/40 split on trading butler vs trading Rose among Chicago fans.

The Bulls would trade Butler because he and Rose don't get along apparently. He and Hoiberg don't get along (for unusual reasons. Butler liked Thibs' coaching style. Butler thinks Hoiberg is too laid back).

And now management is leaking stories in order to soften the blow when they actually do trade Butler. They're committed to Rose and Hoiberg. Plus Chicago has notoriously poor management/ownership despite 14 consecutive years of success just falling into their laps. They don't like spending money. They do weird things that piss off their coaches and players.

It just comes down to the asking price for him (assuming he really is at all available). Vuch + Dipo + First is to much for him. Like I've said, the different between Dipo & Butler just isn't Vuch. For all we know Dipo alone might be better than Butler in 3 years.

It probably is too much. Though we also don't consider that Oladipo will make something like 7+ million more per year than Butler in 17-18 and 18-19 but 10 million less next season assuming we extend him this summer.

And there's a certainty factor. We're certain of what Butler is. is that certainty worth more than what oladipo potentially is? or probably is?

It's an interesting thing to think about for the next couple months. Knowing LA and what their philosophy is, wouldn't it make more sense for them to trade their pick for butler and then cash their young guys in for other established players?

It probably is too much. Though we also don't consider that Oladipo will make something like 7+ million more per year than Butler in 17-18 and 18-19 but 10 million less next season assuming we extend him this summer.

And there's a certainty factor. We're certain of what Butler is. is that certainty worth more than what oladipo potentially is? or probably is?

It's an interesting thing to think about for the next couple months. Knowing LA and what their philosophy is, wouldn't it make more sense for them to trade their pick for butler and then cash their young guys in for other established players?

I think it depends where LA picks. If they get a top 2 pick, I think they draft Simmons or Ingram and poster them as the face of the franchise and build around one of those players. They already have Russ/Clarkson/Randle, so really they are just a center away from having what could become a good starting lineup.

Clarkson

Russell

Ingram/Simmon

Randle

Free Agent Center

That's not terrible. We all know they'll be able to get free agents when they want them too.

Also,

I don't know how the timing works out, but would it be possible to have say a verbal from Whiteside that he would come here before we packaged Vuch + Dipo for Butler? What I'm saying is, I guess I would do that deal if I knew we were signing a center via free agency. Because then you can look at the trade like Vuch + Dipo for Butler + Whiteside....then all the sudden it looks like a steal for us.

Payton (maybe Conley)

Butler

Fournier (maybe Batum)

AG

Whiteside

Mario 6th man. If we could get Batum with that above lineup, wow. The versatility and athleticism of that group would be incredible.

Yea I have a friend who is a Bulls fan that tried to convince me that Vuch Gordon and our 1st was equal value.

I'd be pissed if we gave up that much.

Lol they're not getting Gordon.

As much as I'd hate to see my boy go, Vucevic + Hezonja + our pick would be a totally fair deal for Jimmy Butler.

Agreed. It also makes sense for us if we are resigning Fournier.

I have an idea. Lets ignore Jimmy butler as an impossible acquisition.

Is there anyone else on the trading block?

I have an idea. Lets ignore Jimmy butler as an impossible acquisition.

Is there anyone else on the trading block?

nobody in that realm of talent that we can get directly.

there's an implication that if these playoffs don't do well you might see Kyrie or Love traded.

Lets assume we'd want Kyrie. If the Cavs want to retool for next year's playoff run they're going to be looking at players who can help them achieve that. That's not what our guys provide.

I would expect Conley to take a long look at his hometown Pacers, who need a point guard, have cap space, and a superstar in Paul George.

Do they need a point guard? George Hill is alright, and cheap.

Indy is probably better off going after DeRozan. Lets him play SG, has shooting to surround him, can be a secondary scorer.