Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

In other news, Boston was rumored to want to trade the Brooklyn pick for Okafor and it makes even more sense now for both teams (since Boston didn't jump to the top 2)

Philly could end up with

#3 Pick (Jamal Murray because of the shooting?)

???

Ben Simmons

Dario Saric

Noel / Embiid

I think Okafor is more valuable than the 3rd pick in this year draft. I dont think philly will do it unless Boston gives them at least two first round picks.

Also rumored is Phoenix's interest in Saric, giving Philly the #4 pick. So they could do that instead of the Okafor move

This makes more sense. However, Philly is likely looking for more than just this year pick.

I see them moving more than just one player. Covington, Saric and likely one of their big is on the block for sure. That, if they go with simmons.

This makes more sense. However, Philly is likely looking for more than just this year pick.

I see them moving more than just one player. Covington, Saric and likely one of their big is on the block for sure. That, if they go with simmons.

I think if they pick Simmons, Covington is an ideal player to play along side him.

I think if they pick Simmons, Covington is an ideal player to play along side him.

Maybe. But then they have to play Simmons at PF and Keep covington (6'9)at SF.

This will make it more difficult for embiid, Saric, okafor and Noel to coexist.

Not to mention jeremy Grant(6'8) and hollis Thompson(6'8) who also play that SF position.

Too many players playing the same position.

They need PG's and Shooting guards. I will not be surprise if the pass on Simmons just because of their need at the SG position.

Here's really what happened.

An Indiana writer mentioned on Friday that Vogel was flying to Orlando. Thus magical and everyone starts using that information to come up with their own stories.

Then we have a couple Robbins blurbs and the woj story from Wednesday to build other items around.

The salary was always going to be 3-5 years and 5-7 million per year based on comparable contracts.

If you keep things vague enough you can never be wrong. That's where markee went wrong. You never give explicit numbers. You say "in the neighborhood of 4/24". You never give concrete dates. You say "the team hopes to have a deal done at some point within a week".

This is where ping screws up too. He hears "the magic are interested in Griffin too but prefer Vogel" and "Vogel has some interest in Memphis but prefers Orlando" and thinks "oh, this franchise sucks so I bet they're going to lose out and go for Griffin" when everyone else who's been in a few of these realizes this was a negotiation ploy to create a sense of urgency and competition. This is what car salesman do when they pull the "man this model has been flying off the lot, I don't think it would still be here if you come back tomorrow" trick.

Everything about being an "insider" is taking the minuscule pieces of legitimately correct data and reading between the lines to project further.

I agree with you in principle, but I just think it got out that Vogel was meeting with at least "someone" (Henny) in Orlando on Monday, which seems to be true for their first meeting, and that's where all the other conjecture spins out from.

Obviously we know the Magic FO don't exactly work weekends :P

Did Henny say anything interesting or was it all "process" and stuff?

I like Henny, but expecting him to say anything other than cat poster stuff and "trust our process" is like expecting rain in the desert. The man is a robot car salesman in front of a camera.

Did Henny say anything interesting or was it all "process" and stuff?

*Frank really liked Orlando before we contacted him and Frank was always our #1 option.

*The organization believes in Elfrid and claim him as our point guard.

* we will be agressive but disciplined in free agency.

* in the draft were willing to trade the pick if the right deal presents itself.

* hes confident in Hezonja and his 1st year of getting acclimated was very much understood by the organization (naturally)

* Rob could care less who wins the finals, hes working hard to get us into the playoffs.

* he declines to add any other specifics about Skiles and still only looks to the future with Vogel.

In other news, Boston was rumored to want to trade the Brooklyn pick for Okafor and it makes even more sense now for both teams (since Boston didn't jump to the top 2

If Boston wants to trade the 3rd pick for an offensive minded big who plays no defense, any interest in offering Vucevic and #11? Maybe Vogel wants to bring in Mahinmi as a UFA or we believe Horford wants to come back to Florida and this opens the center spot up.

You can then add another young talent on the rookie scale or you try to package the pick with one of your young guys and for the Lakers #2 if you believe Ingram is a cornerstone player and you don't think we have necessarily have that.

A 2-3-4 of Hezonja-Ingram-Gordon would be so long and athletic.

• Upvote 1

If Boston wants to trade the 3rd pick for an offensive minded big who plays no defense, any interest in offering Vucevic and #11? Maybe Vogel wants to bring in Mahinmi as a UFA or we believe Horford wants to come back to Florida and this opens the center spot up.

You can then add another young talent on the rookie scale or you try to package the pick with one of your young guys and for the Lakers #2 if you believe Ingram is a cornerstone player and you don't think we have necessarily have that.

A 2-3-4 of Hezonja-Ingram-Gordon would be so long and athletic.

Too much to give for a non transcendent player, though I would definitely make that deal for 3