Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

That's not what I mean. You brought up long twos. I expect with Ibaka as our unicorn PF, DJ, Fournier, AG hopefully improved from outside, Meeks, Mario, Green who can knock em down, to see Vuch in the post more. Sure, he'll still attempt long twos but I think you'll see more in the post than he did under Skiles.

oh, yeah, I agree with this.

I think you are missing the big picture here......... on his own he will not make huge leaps on defense, but with the right defensive schemes and personnel.... He will! IMHO

If our defense is going to improve and he plays large minutes, he needs to drastically improve his defense though. Center is the most important defensive position in the game. There are almost no good defensive teams that did/do not have at least an average defensive center in the middle.

If our defense is going to improve and he plays large minutes, he needs to drastically improve his defense though. Center is the most important defensive position in the game. There are almost no good defensive teams that did/do not have at least an average defensive center in the middle.

Agree but let's see how he does under Vogel. Let's see how he does with guys like Ibaka and Biyombo challenging him and going against him in training camp. His comments might be an reflection on him determined to be that guy offensively but to also play harder than ever defensively.

Sure....I agree, we are making the same point here! The fact that he does not have a slow Channing Frye, a slightly defensive challenged Tobias Harris and a apprehensive AG to work with...!

Now Add Serge, a free to be defensively aggressive AG with a rotation of Bizz, Green (maybe) and a better defensive EP.... He may receive all star consideration!

I just can't. I mean it's like some of you want soft ass players who just relinquishes their roles to any new comer despite the team dynamics. No competition. No challenge. No earn it. Just walk right in and I'll give it to ya. Smh.

Again I dont have a problem with him saying it. Others do. Byiombo may he may not. The fact that it can be percieved as a slight towards Byiombo is the issue. TheThe media tends to run with things like this. This is how lockeroom troubles begin. Wrong or right.

Again I dont have a problem with him saying it. Others do. Byiombo may he may not. The fact that it can be percieved as a slight towards Byiombo is the issue. TheThe media tends to run with things like this. This is how lockeroom troubles begin. Wrong or right.

Who cares about the media? Most of them are barely right and almost always just like hearing themselves talk.

Until we hear if a player chemistry issue, which I seriously doubt, about Vuch aiming to continue to be the starter, let's not jump the gun.

oh, yeah, I agree with this.

Also, to expand on this point. A modern nba team isn't going to drop the ball into the post 12 times per game and let the ball stagnate.

Also, to expand on this point. A modern nba team isn't going to drop the ball into the post 12 times per game and let the ball stagnate.

Agree but Vuch isn't a black hole. He's an capable passer and those long twos? Spreads things out so you have ball movement, spacing and viable outside shooters, IF Payton and AG improve.

I expect big things from Vucevic this season. I have no problem whatsoever with his comments. Fair play.

I surely hope so. That will increase his trade value.