Q5Magic

2016 Off-Season Thread

I know right. I hate that. lol. Its nice..too nice. *****ing miami. Too much easy good looking women. Too much competition to dress in style

And everyone was walking around. And a bunch of people were walking their dogs.

I walked to the arena from my hotel because I like checking out other nba arenas when I get the chance. Then I just chilled there for a while and watched the water and watched people go by.

It was nice

Soul Bro dream...

1. Trade for Butler - Hezonja and Vooch?

2. Sign Horford

3. Re-sign Fournier

4. Re-sign Dipo

5. Re-sign Smith

6. Re-sign Dedmon

7. Draft Ullis

New Lineup:

PG - Payton, Ullis

SG - Dipo, Watson

SF - Butler, Fournier

PF - Gordon, Smith

C - Horford, Dedmon

That team would be very tough and fun to watch.

‏@JoshuaBRobbins The NBA has announced that Stephen Curry not only won the MVP but also is the first unanimous MVP in the award's history.

Another interesting idea...

Sign Batum to play point forward and switch Payton for Mario in my "dream" scenario up top. Then run Dipo at the 1, Butler at the 2, Batum at the 3, Gordon at the 4, and Horford at the 5.

Kenny and Charles giving Dwight some sound advice on the post game show. I dont know if Dwight has changed any but he talks a good game.

What did they say? Or what did Dwight say?

All he said were lame media sound bites. You didn't miss anything. Even one of the commentators called him out on his BS answers.

He did talk a good game. I was going to give the Dwight poll my Yes vote after hearing him.

The first segment was basically the whole crew talking about him, his career, and what he was going to do. Saying he's still a hell of a player, and now that he's on the back 9 of his career, he has to decide where he wants to go to. This is going to be his last big deal for him and his family. When asked why nobody likes him he said people liked him in Orlando when he was smiling, but when he went to LA and HOU and he was smiling nobody liked him. The crew brought up the point at LA he was playing with ballhog Kobe, and then Harden at HOU. The game has changed in the West. Dwight didn't really offer any excuses for himself. He just wants to win, and Chuck was supporting him in that, but it wasn't all back scratching. They were grilling him near the end, and saying, you're not going to sign with HOU. "A helluva player like you can't sign another 1-year deal."

(That was all I could recollect!)

IMO, he is going to get out of the West. Boston? Orlando? FWIW, Kenny said, like he said about Westbrook, whoever you are, you need to be that, and don't worry about what others says about you (in regards to him smiling on the court or not.) We all know who he was here. *I* think we used Dwight well in his time here, and I definitely think he is considering coming back. Whether or not that works with Henny and Skiles, IDK.

Dwight was just on talking and he opened up about some things.

Ya know, I actually agree with Kenny. Dwight needs to be Dwight. When he was opening up, Dwight mentioned how he needs to grow and maybe he does that. He was a kid coming into the NBA and rose to the top very quickly. Everyone wants him to be a professional like Tim Duncan but Timmay had college experience which is a high level of experience in competitive basketball. Plus TD has an rare personality. Just an humble guy in general.

I do think playing with Harden is a pain in the arse. I'll give him that. Dude plays no defense whatsoever and as talented Harden is, he's not on Kobe's or even Tmac's level to be the ball hog he is. Dwight mentioned how he had to think a lot when playing. Should he smile or shouldn't he? Basketball players or athletes in general can literally think themselves out of the game with ease and quickness. This thinking can put players of all facets in loooong ruts. Dwight needs to grow but Dwight needs to play with instinct and maybe get back to smiling.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing a reunion. I also don't think him and Skiles would see eye to eye but who knows?