Sign in to follow this  
nCoolness

DH12 return to Magic? Is this even valid?

Return of DH12  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want him back?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
    • Don't know who he is and don't care

As a free agent we could realistically sign him and keep hold of Payton, Oladipo, Hezonja, and Gordon as our contracted young players. We'd have to trade Vuc because him and Howard wouldn't work on the court together. And we'd have to make a decision on whether Fournier is worth paying or not. But overall we could keep the majority of our young players if we brought Howard back. I think we would need to add another all star or borderline all star to pair with him (perhaps a small forward instead of Fournier?), and at that point we'd have three youngsters with two vets. Fill out the rotation with more vets and we'd be good to go. Like you I wouldn't want to see us go all in on vets and lose our young talent and draft picks like the Nets did.

I'd be happy with that. It's going to be an interesting summer

Link: Jackie MacMullan Interviews Dwight

Good interview. What I thought was interesting is Dwight saying that he was too comfortable in Orlando and that he needed to go elsewhere in order to grow.

You think we'll shrug him? I watched his TNT interview. I thought he was genuine. Reading this interview I get the same feel, and a little more understanding of where he's coming from. Could you imagine him actually taking perimeter shots? Lol. He needs a psychologist just to get over the fear of doing so, because of the war on him. I sympathize. And now that we landed Vogel...

I tend to hold grudges. I'm not really feeling it towards Dwight. I feel he is sincere, and that the stars may align for our team if his game is revived by his own due diligence and desire to win, and under Vogel.

My biggest gripe I had with Dwight while he was here besides him leaving us was seeing all the videos every summer of hit hitting jumper after jumper. He would then start the first few games shooting a handful of jumpers only to completely abandon shooting them after the first 10 games. We knew it was a confidence issue being that he said it when he was with us but come on youre a grown man in the NBA. Shoot the damn ball!

My problem with Dwight is that he can't shoot free throws and becomes a liability in late game situations.

He better pray Adam Silver changes the Hack-A rules

Dwight/Vuc would be a mad duo.

And for how much Dwight sucked for leaving us, I'm gauging the evolution, not just hoping a youngling will all of a sudden hit his stride. A good development coach isn't just for rookies. We can use him.

Not saying I'll be upset if we pass on him. I just see substantial opportunity that may only be possible for this team. Granted, the Skiles experiment had that kind of metaphysical, "divine order" feel to it, but it also landed us Vogel. Not counting out Dwight. Changed vote to Yes.

Anyone who reads that interview in any other way than "woe is me. Look at how badly everyone else has treated me over the years" is kidding themselves. He doesn't understand what his issue is. He wouldn't be good here

Anyone who reads that interview in any other way than "woe is me. Look at how badly everyone else has treated me over the years" is kidding themselves. He doesn't understand what his issue is. He wouldn't be good here

Exactly. Pass