Sign in to follow this  
nCoolness

DH12 return to Magic? Is this even valid?

Return of DH12  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want him back?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure
    • Don't know who he is and don't care

Someone's gonna give Dwight a max contract,,,, because he's a max player still. Might as well be us...

Someone's gonna give Dwight a max contract,,,, because he's a max player still. Might as well be us...

Whiteside and Horford should be our targets at his position first. I don't mind giving either of them the max. Dwight has no post skills and he can't shoot (or is too scared to) and he's not getting any younger.

Link: Jackie MacMullan Interviews Dwight

Good interview. What I thought was interesting is Dwight saying that he was too comfortable in Orlando and that he needed to go elsewhere in order to grow.

You think we'll shrug him? I watched his TNT interview. I thought he was genuine. Reading this interview I get the same feel, and a little more understanding of where he's coming from. Could you imagine him actually taking perimeter shots? Lol. He needs a psychologist just to get over the fear of doing so, because of the war on him. I sympathize. And now that we landed Vogel...

I tend to hold grudges. I'm not really feeling it towards Dwight. I feel he is sincere, and that the stars may align for our team if his game is revived by his own due diligence and desire to win, and under Vogel.

So you believe when he said he hadn't thought about opting out? Dwight can't avoid lying even when he tries to be somewhat truthful

I tell ya what happened. After the Finals appearance, Otis made a dumb arse move that ruined that awesome chemistry. Remember good ol fools gold? What we had there wasn't the most talented on paper but they had some incredible chemistry. CLee was on bball high. Hedo was coming into his own and guys knew their roles despite contract amount (Shard).

This is such crap uttered by some magic fans.

You do remember that the following year the Magic were a better team across the board, and started the playoffs 8-0 right? Unfortunately being that good caused a layoff of over a week and the team never seemed to be as sharp after that. Hedo left and sucked for the raptors after that, which many of you seem to forget, and CLEE has long been a role player, while Anderson was very good for us.

Otis totally dismantled that. Stan couldn't work his Magic because the Magic went out the window with the trades. Players started pointing fingers and naturally some started tuning out Stan. Was Dwight part of that? Partially but he was more down about the moves. He thought they should've just added to the roster, not an complete overhaul.

Again you seem to be re-writing history, the 09 magic were not a dominant team, they nearly lost in the 1st round to a mediocre sixers team and struggled to beat a boston team in the 2nd round that did not have KG.

This is such crap uttered by some magic fans.

You do remember that the following year the Magic were a better team across the board, and started the playoffs 8-0 right? Unfortunately being that good caused a layoff of over a week and the team never seemed to be as sharp after that. Hedo left and sucked for the raptors after that, which many of you seem to forget, and CLEE has long been a role player, while Anderson was very good for us.

Again you seem to be re-writing history, the 09 magic were not a dominant team, they nearly lost in the 1st round to a mediocre sixers team and struggled to beat a boston team in the 2nd round that did not have KG.

But we didn't lose to either team. If KG and Jameer weren't injured in the semis Boston probably would have taken it to us according to most, but they were. We'll never know for sure.

1463890797[/url]' post='1036684']

Whiteside and Horford should be our targets at his position first. I don't mind giving either of them the max. Dwight has no post skills and he can't shoot (or is too scared to) and he's not getting any younger.

I agree with you, if we can get Whiteside I would rather pay him than Dwight because he's younger. But we desperately need to upgrade the center position unless Vuc somehow learns to be more aggressive over the summer. This guy has tons of potential but he is as soft as they come.

I think we need to give Vogel the chance to work with Vucevic and see if be can improve him.

Vogel was adamant that Vucevic can succeed on defense.

"It's really mostly about body position in today's NBA," Vogel said. "It's angles and anticipation. I feel like I can work with him to improve him. But anybody that's going to be caught in that center position has got to be the anchor of your defense. We work diligently on teaching the angles, teaching the anticipation, teaching the coverages for when there's help.

"I felt like we did an amazing job with Roy Hibbert a couple of years ago, who had a great deal of trouble staying on the court with foul trouble early on in his career, and we really just got him to understand angles and the vision and the anticipation necessary. To me, those are more important attributes than your physical abilities and athleticism."

@ChadEvansSports

Growing speculation that the Magic are "slightly" more open to a Dwight Howard reunion at the right price, but...

Rob Hennigan is against it and has been very vocal about that to season ticket holders. His exact quote was "not as long as I'm here"

Thank God he has a clue unlike the clowns here.

It is. Holding grudges like children to the point that even when a person says they have faults, you still don't see that as accepting accountability.

The man said he's seeing a psychiatrist for pete's sake. If you don't think that's not a form of admittance then your dense.

Its not a grudge its being smart and not ignorant.

He said hes changing, good for him. Doesn't mean we should ignore the past and bring him in blindly hoping for the best. He's proven 3 times he's a cancer..3. There's no reason to take that chance and ruin what were building here. He's not a game changing player or anything anways. If he never played here and did all that on another team, I wouldn't him either.