Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

Mavs @ Magic - 7 pm tip off!

Just as I am weary about Tobias' numbers, I am also weary about whether our team actually got better too. It could be just the honey moon phase after a trade.

Regardless, still excited!

Team was playing better the 3 games Harris was out too.

Just as I am weary about Tobias' numbers, I am also weary about whether our team actually got better too. It could be just the honey moon phase after a trade.

Regardless, still excited!

As long as we understand who these guys are and react accordingly then all will be fine.

Nobody on here should throw a temper tantrum when Jennings goes 4/17 and shoots us out of a game because that's going to happen. You just have to take the good with the bad. He's a dynamic point guard that can have an instant impact on a game but that impact goes both ways. In the long run the positives outweigh the negatives.

Sure is nice to have a point guard who has to be guarded on the ball.

That's the weird thing. Objectively look at Jennings as a player. Good but not great. Dynamic but inefficient. Ranges from below to above average starting point guard. And the difference between him and Payton was dramatic.

The real test is going to be if those numbers translate to wins

Absolutely. He might become the guy who puts up impressive stats but doesn't translate it to more w's.

I don't think that'll be the case with Stan though.

Lol, Pat Garrity lite.

Nah, folks brought up his injury mainly but oh well. You do make a good point though.

Tobias dropped 21 last night. I firmly believe he'll elevate his game having more of an role.

And they lost lol

That's the weird thing. Objectively look at Jennings as a player. Good but not great. Dynamic but inefficient. Ranges from below to above average starting point guard. And the difference between him and Payton was dramatic.

If u look at the +/- Payton +9 Jennings -2 so not as dramatic as u think

This guy gets it. It really just shows how much of a work-in-progress Payton is. We would be saying the same thing if we had traded for Teague or any other average to above average starting NBA point guard.

Jennings is going to have plenty of off nights, but even with that teams are forced to come out and guard him. The amount of space teams give Payton is pretty crazy.

If u look at the +/- Payton +9 Jennings -2 so not as dramatic as u think

Yeah but a lot of that had to do with us going +17 in the first quarter.

Payton played well, but the offense looked much different down the stretch