Sign in to follow this  
Jay Magic

Game Thread: Orlando Magic @ Memphis Grizzlies

It doesn't matter if AG played or not. Maybe we win with him in, maybe we lose by more. The point is, these guys aren't ready yet. Our halfcourt offense just isn't good. Not enough consistent scorers. Not enough consistent shooters. We are good in transition, but you cant win off just that. The amount of open shots we miss most nights just isn't the mark of a good team.

Agree. This team needs an star offensively. However, defensively, AG would've done a better job on Green than Frye.

It doesn't matter if AG played or not. Maybe we win with him in, maybe we lose by more. The point is, these guys aren't ready yet. Our halfcourt offense just isn't good. Not enough consistent scorers. Not enough consistent shooters. We are good in transition, but you cant win off just that. The amount of open shots we miss most nights just isn't the mark of a good team.

True. But AG has superstar potential but not being given opportunity to close games. I've given up on Fournier and Dipo carrying this team. They are too inconsistent. Per 100 this team needs to be in the hands of Payton and Gordon. Vuc did well tonight but he needs a defensive monster beside him.

same old story really.... i would love to know what coach says about not playing Gordon in the 4th at all or literally the whole of OT when the game was out of reach.

i try to be quite positive but i am finding a hard time doing so...

this team has fallen off a cliff in so many ways.

Up 4 with 17 secs left and i expect to lose the game? cmon man........

True. But AG has superstar potential but not being given opportunity to close games. I've given up on Fournier and Dipo carrying this team. They are too inconsistent. Per 100 this team needs to be in the hands of Payton and Gordon. Vuc did well tonight but he needs a defensive monster beside him.

Payton had 3 assists to 5 turnovers not including the one that pushed it to ot.

Fournier and Oladipo had 11 assists to 2 turnovers. You're using the last thing you remember to justify sweeping changes which is pretty shortsighted.

@OMagicDaily Skiles said he instructed the #Magic they had a foul to give and an extra timeout. What more can a coach do?

Not play Frye on Jeffgonnadrop20+onyaGreen

• Upvote 1

@OMagicDaily Scott Skiles also says this: "You are never as good as you think or as bad as youth” after watching tape. So remember that, I guess.

what does that even mean??

@OMagicDaily Scott Skiles also says this: "You are never as good as you think or as bad as youth” after watching tape. So remember that, I guess.

We weren't a fantastic team early. We're not a terrible team now. Just young and mistake prone

You are never as good as you think=you are never as good as your highest point. As bad as youth=Skiles Chalks up our mistakes as being young. Which mean they are correctable mistakes and we are better than those mistakes.

I didnt hear the statement but thats what I would guess.