Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

1. Whiteside is leaving Miami this offseason. they don't own his bird rights.

2. we could trade for deng and winslow no problem

3. the numbers work fine. we have 14 players on roster.

Why would they give up Deng and Winslow for Harris, also, why would we trade for two more SF's when that's our only position of depth. It doesn't make sense, nor does it include Hassan-the only person of real interest.

I can't imagine a workable trade between the two; Hassan is the only player i see being useful for us and no smart GM is going to trade a starting center for Harris. Also, unless they send Drajic back (no thanks) there is no way to make the numbers work without cutting at least two people from our roster first

Bosh?!

1. Whiteside is leaving Miami this offseason. they don't own his bird rights.

2. we could trade for deng and winslow no problem

3. the numbers work fine. we have 14 players on roster.

My thoughts were Whiteside and Winslow. I wouldn't mind Deng at all.

This is interesting.

Im having a hard time coming up with 20 people that will be signing new deals earning them more than 16m/season in the next two years that aren't already earning that much. Certainly not 50, like you suggested.

I came up with 25 but you're right, 50 was much.

the 75th highest salary right now is Monta Ellis. he makes 10.3 million. That's about 17% of the cap.

Harris' salary in 2017 is going to be 16 million with a 108 million cap. That's just under 15% of the cap. Harris in 2017 is getting paid like luol deng, Wilson Chandler, Danny green, Mike Conley today. That's incredibly reasonable.

Why would they give up Deng and Winslow for Harris, also, why would we trade for two more SF's when that's our only position of depth. It doesn't make sense, nor does it include Hassan-the only person of real interest.

Hassan is an unrestricted free agent that we wouldn't have bird rights for. we could just sign him in the offseason.

Deng is expiring, we let him go in the offseason. They're built to win now. Harris helps with that a bit more and doesn't hamper their rebuild vs growing with Winslow.

I don't really want deng, I want winslow. we could waive deng for all I care, he just needs to be included for the salaries to match.

this is just a vague internet rumor from a guy who may or may not be credible. I just thought you guys would enjoy talking about something from a non-magic source that isn't Rudy Gay.

Why the Magic will trade Tobias Harris

Harris has the ability to do a little bit of everything. He can put the ball on the floor and create his own shot. He can shoot from deep. He's big enough (6'9, 235 pounds) to defend in the post and quick enough to stay with wings on the perimeter. He's an active on-ball defender and solid rebounder. He has all the talent a team could want.

However, at times, Harris seems to disappear on the floor. Part of that is because he's often relegated to a supporting role. The Magic's roster is stocked with young, talented players, who like to have the ball in their hands. Instead of designing plays ran for Harris, Orlando relegates him to the corner to help space the floor for Elfrid Payton, Victor Oladipo, Evan Fournier and Nikola Vucevic.

The Magic's logjam at the forward position is another reason trading Harris makes sense. Aaron Gordon was selected No. 4 overall by Orlando in 2014 and would be in line for more minutes if Harris is traded. Mario Hezonja is big enough to play small forward and was taken fifth overall last season. Channing Frye is under contract for another two seasons after this one and is a quality veteran. There are just too many players who do similar things to Harris already on the roster.

The Magic could trade Harris for some veteran help and not miss a beat. They have plenty of young bodies who could absorb Harris' minutes, and their group could certainly benefit from some veteran leadership. Also, given Harris' contract, age and talent, Orlando could likely a fetch a good return.

http://www.sbnation....magic-nba-trade