Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

The word of the day is flexibility (just like it was with my ex girlfriend, but I digress)

We have options! So many options. If free agency doesn't work we're in a spot where we can trade for a disgruntled free agent and not have to play the salary match game. Remember the cap hell Otis left us in?! Rob has made it his priority all along to free us from that, and he has and then some. Continue to be patient and hope for the best, but rest assured, this guy knows what he's doing

MagicalNBA Magic wanted to move a few more guys via a Clipps deal but this works. Sending T12 and Frye to playoff teams sends a good message to FAs

ORL is better now than before. Jennings assists with a huge weakness - closing out the 4th quarter. We finally have a guy w/ that confidence

You know, I'm going to have to check on this, but we might be the only franchise that will have enough cap space to offer a 10+ year max contract (which is 35% of the cap)

Can you explain? Not sure I follow.

Why do you trade dipo?

You might not have to but under the scenario of getting Durant, you have Mario, Durant, maaaaybe Fournier there's a logjam. Maybe bring Dipo off the bench ala Tony Allen?

MagicalNBA Magic wanted to move a few more guys via a Clipps deal but this works. Sending T12 and Frye to playoff teams sends a good message to FAs

ORL is better now than before. Jennings assists with a huge weakness - closing out the 4th quarter. We finally have a guy w/ that confidence

How does that send FA's a good message?

That is we Decide to trade you, we will find you a playoff team?

How does that send FA's a good message?

That is we Decide to trade you, we will find you a playoff team?

i am not the person who wrote it.... who knows

The word of the day is flexibility (just like it was with my ex girlfriend, but I digress)

We have options! So many options. If free agency doesn't work we're in a spot where we can trade for a disgruntled free agent and not have to play the salary match game. Remember the cap hell Otis left us in?! Rob has made it his priority all along to free us from that, and he has and then some. Continue to be patient and hope for the best, but rest assured, this guy knows what he's doing

Right we are flexible but people need to realise the cap space we have now will be spent over time. Unless it's for Durant we still have like 2 years before we land "that" guy.

Of course we could also make a trade like you said but next year's Free Agency will be a mild addition for us.

You might not have to but under the scenario of getting Durant, you have Mario, Durant, maaaaybe Fournier there's a logjam. Maybe bring Dipo off the bench ala Tony Allen?

I think you use oladipo and Gordon as designated defenders for the most part.

You might end up trading someone from that group in the long run but I think you need to see how everything fits first.