Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

How do any of us know what or what not Jennings will do? This guy is still 26 and was finally getting what it meant to be a leader and PG for his team before the injury.

"This move prolongs the rebuild"

How?

Losing Harris doesn't set us back at all. He wasn't a difference maker at all this year. We played better with him out of the lineup. And take the cap space we cleared out of the equation, we still got 2 players that should help us win more this year. So winning more games this year = prolonging the rebuild?

More wins means no Tank for Ben Simmons duh!

Seriously though. People wanted to make a push for the playoffs. This trade either allows us that opportunity or leaves us in the same place we were already in all the while we cleared a ton of room for the future.

At worse its a wash/win and in my opinion will be a win/win.

I like the Frye-Mozgov rumor. We have Ersan to spread the floor the rest of the season, we get out from the last couple years of Frye's contract, and we have a big defensive center that we can put on the court in a reserve role this season to see what our team could look like with a NBA-caliber center who plays defense.

Russell Johnson

Russell Johnson – ‏@RussJohnsonNBA

The Orlando Magic have notified Shabazz Napier and Andrew Nicholson they will likely be traded, sources tell Basketball Insiders.

Interesting... So, with no Frye, Napier and Nicholson we're left with

Payton/Watson/Jennings

Oladipo/Hezonja

Fournier/Ilyasova

Gordon/Smith

Vucevic/Dedmon

Wonder who we're bringing in for those guys

Interesting... So, with no Frye, Napier and Nicholson we're left with

Payton/Watson/Jennings

Oladipo/Hezonja

Fournier/Ilyasova

Gordon/Smith

Vucevic/Dedmon

Wonder who we're bringing in for those guys

probably to strengthen the bench

Russell Johnson

Russell Johnson – ‏@RussJohnsonNBA

The Orlando Magic have notified Shabazz Napier and Andrew Nicholson they will likely be traded, sources tell Basketball Insiders.

Was always a fan of andrew wish hr developed here..

More wins means no Tank for Ben Simmons duh!

Seriously though. People wanted to make a push for the playoffs. This trade either allows us that opportunity or leaves us in the same place we were already in all the while we cleared a ton of room for the future.

At worse its a wash/win and in my opinion will be a win/win.

Agreed. This trade is NOTHING close to the panic trade of the 10-11' season that a couple appear to suggest. After the AS break, it's apparent we have something special in AG and MH.

Way to address my two other points which are the chance we play better and the ability to retain Fournier while adding two major FA's. We also have kept our best assets if trading is the route we must take. I understand you don't care for the move but riding and dying with Harris wasn't getting us anywhere and is holding back the two players with the most potential on our roster. You do acknowledge that don't you?

It wasn't the move itself. It was our only move that bugs me and essentially will result salary cap room and not a push for the playoffs.

We were linked to conversations about Blake, Butler, and Teague. Were there other stars you were under the impression we should have pursued?.

Those were rumors. Doesn't mean it was true. The guy who made the Butler one was considered a phony I believe.

If getting Durant and Lebron is the only way to justify this move, enjoy life in your 2k world. Oh, and this is hardly doing the same thing and expecting different results. doing the same thing would've been trading Harris for a rookie with "potential."

Adding more salary cap is doing the same thing. We had salary cap before and we came away with CJ Watson and Jason Smith.

It wasn't the move itself. It was our only move that bugs me and essentially will result salary cap room and not a push for the playoffs.

The trade deadline is not over so how exactly can you say it was/is our only move?

Were we supposed to make a second move immediately after the first? Maybe save that until after tomorrows deadline.