Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

Trade is really only dependent on what kind of player Harris is going forward. I'm a supporter of his game, and think it will continue to grow, so I'm not thrilled with it.

But hopefully we can dump Fyre while we're at it.

Those guys will go to a contender. That's where they're at in their careers.

Who says we cant form a contender with the ability to offer 2 max contracts on top of what we already have? That might be appealing -- we can sell Conley on the fact that we can get Horford and sell Horford on the fact that we can also get Conley. Mix and match any two other max free agents this summer.

Who says we cant form a contender with the ability to offer 2 max contracts on top of what we already have? That might be appealing -- we can sell Conley on the fact that we can get Horford and sell Horford on the fact that we can also get Conley.

No player does that. Players go to a team with a star is already in place or the team contended the previous season. They don't sign to wait 2 years.

Players at their age go to Miami, Cleveland, Washington, OKC, etc. Players have a lot of power to get to a contending team now. With the cap rising, they can sign with a contender a lot easier or manipulate things through sign and trades. Look what Aldridge did. Look how Miami assembled their three. Look what happened to us with Millsap.

And Derozan would be the clear target to me this summer (although we'll end up paying a ton).

I don't think Derozan gives us that much more than what we have now.

Trade is really only dependent on what kind of player Harris is going forward. I'm a supporter of his game, and think it will continue to grow, so I'm not thrilled with it.

But hopefully we can dump Fyre while we're at it.

Not attacking your opinion, but what has Harris showed you since he got here that makes you think his game will continue to grow, when he hasn't even been growing here? He's statistically having his worse year here. Many people (not me) thought with Harris getting this contract he would make the leap, but he actually took a step back. I honestly just don't get what some people see in Harris, I really don't. The only real area of Harri's game I like is what he's able to do in Transition and he rebounds.

What do you honestly see Harris growing into? And why did we not see that this year? Why were we a better team without him? What kind of player do you think Harris would net us?

No player does that. Players go to a team with a star is already in place or the team contended the previous season. They don't sign to wait 2 years.

Players at their age go to Miami, Cleveland, Washington, OKC, etc. Players have a lot of power to get to a contending team now. With the cap rising, they can sign with a contender a lot easier or manipulate things through sign and trades. Look what Aldridge did. Look how Miami assembled their three. Look what happened to us with Millsap.

If Durant comes here, he's not waiting 2 years. You can't tell me that if we have Durant on our roster we can't win the East. Than instead of plateauing, guys like AG & Mario are still improving which means the team is improving without having to make roster changes.

And we were close with Milsap. That's all you can hope to do is give your best pitch and see what happens. We've gotten some in the past, it's possible.

***Dreaming*** Pacers GM is drunk and decides to pick up the phone and has a lengthy convo with Henny. Pacers agree to trade Paul George to Orlando. ***Wakes up*** Dang....it was just a dream :(

Not attacking your opinion, but what has Harris showed you since he got here that makes you think his game will continue to grow, when he hasn't even been growing here? He's statistically having his worse year here. Many people (not me) thought with Harris getting this contract he would make the leap, but he actually took a step back. I honestly just don't get what some people see in Harris, I really don't. The only real area of Harri's game I like is what he's able to do in Transition and he rebounds.

What do you honestly see Harris growing into? And why did we not see that this year? Why were we a better team without him? What kind of player do you think Harris would net us?

All valid opinions, it's pretty well known that Harris is divisive around the league. You've always had good points on the board too.

And I'm not sure what kind of player we could have gotten for him (although I'd prefer someone that factors into our future). I doubt Henny was swatting away fantastic offers to bring in Brandon Jennings (and I'll add, I actually think Jennings could be a real spark plug for us late this season; guy can flat score).

That said, this is a bad end for a 23-year old we thought was worth 80-million only this last summer. He has regressed this season, no doubt, but I still like his skill set. I see him getting bigger and stronger inside of 15-feet without losing his touch. More post-ups against small forwards. If his 3-point shooting gets into the 40s at all spots (and I think it will, his shot looks good to me) he'll be a dangerous player. He's worked hard around the rim this year even though that's not the main thing he should be asked to do, and he had little help down there. I don't think he'll ever be a good defender, but he'll suffice.

I think it's pretty clear at this point he and Skiles never saw things the same way (to say the very least). I'll be interested to see how Stan Van utilizes him.

If Durant comes here, he's not waiting 2 years. You can't tell me that if we have Durant on our roster we can't win the East. Than instead of plateauing, guys like AG & Mario are still improving which means the team is improving without having to make roster changes.

And we were close with Milsap. That's all you can hope to do is give your best pitch and see what happens. We've gotten some in the past, it's possible.

I mean technically we don't have to offer them all max contracts. What would the cap situation look like if we traded Frye & Watson and renounced the rights to all the other players with expiring deals? We could split the cap 3 ways to Horford, Durant, & Conley just saying. Highly unlikely of course but for argument sake we can entertain the thought.

C Vucevic/free agent

PF Horford/Gordon

SF Durant/(draft pick)/Marble

SG Oladipo/Mario

PG Conley/Payton/Napier

Not sure if we would have to trade any other people to make the cap situation work.