Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

I don't get how people don't like this deal. It's such a win/win for Orlando.

1) You bring in Jennings who is an expiring but can help us win now. He's still young. Maybe he plays good this second half of the year and we keep him around, if not, we cleared a lot of cap.

2) You get rid of Harris. Harris was a dead beat on this team. And now that he is gone I will call it like it is. Fournier was better while starting at the 3. Now we can keep Fournier and sign someone else. If your asking me to pick between keeping Fournier or Harris, I'm taking Fournier every day of the week.

3) Harris was on the books for 4 more years making more millions (16) than ppg. It is a godsend to rid ourselves of his averagness.

4) Don't underestimate Illyslova. He is a really nice second unit role player who will help us a ton off the bench. He can score and his contract is very friendly.

Basically, Rob gave us options moving forward. I don't know what you guys wanted for Harris. He isn't a very good player and is owed way to much money.

I completely agree with this post

Honestly rob has shown to be more than competetant so I trust his plans. It looks like a win for both sides. We can't expect blockbuster trades people.

This wasn't a Rob deal. This was Martins and Skiles through and through.

Also this is preparation for Oladipo's upcoming extension. I'm assuming Rob will wait till next summer to decide on him but if he plays himself into a max deal next season then this salary dump will have been beneficial.

might be better off signing him to a max extension this summer vs him taking off and someone offering him a contract that starts out at 27 million the following year.

Detroit highs over the next 10 days:

Orlando highs over the next 10 days

77, 72, 73,77,78,80,77,67,67

They must be thrilled.

We aren't signing any stars man.

are you Nostradamus bro? You can see into the future can you?

Orlando is a really really attractive destination... that is a known fact.

You never know.

You can sign Fournier and someone else. Don't have to be perennial all-stars. You guys are missing the boat here. We were a much better team with Fournier starting. We have options now.

But what is the net gain? Fournier is likely going to make more than Harris, and while I agree we are better with him, in the end Hezonja is the long-term answer at the position (unless they move Vic)

I just don't see the point of the move. Were are only marginally better now, but still not enough to make the playoffs. Why is Detroit,, who is farther along in a rebuild, willing to try and develop Harris if we aren't? Harris is under contract long term and we would still have cap space with him

But what is the net gain? Fournier is likely going to make more than Harris, and while I agree we are better with him, in the end Hezonja is the long-term answer at the position (unless they move Vic)

I just don't see the point of the move. Were are only marginally better now, but still not enough to make the playoffs. Why is Detroit,, who is farther along in a rebuild, willing to try and develop Harris if we aren't? Harris is under contract long term and we would still have cap space with him

Mario is a 2, Fournier better at the 3. Still works. Go look on Detroit forums, they're far from thrilled with the deal. If you think Harris is going to become a player worth his contract, that's fine, that's your opinion. I, and Rob apparently for that matter, do not. I think Rob signed him to see if he he could make the leap, he didn't. So he's gone. I'm thrilled with it.

It is official. Harris has said on instagram DETROIT LETS DO IT.

Goodbye bro. Thanks for the memories.

I am cool with this trade

I'm good with this deal. Get some cap space, rent Jennings and see if he helps the team. Get rid of Tobias' contract and get two players who can help the team in his place. Plus we're probably going to deal Frye. We aren't blowing the team up but giving us more flexibility to shake things up because this team as constructed wasn't going to cut it.

Detroit can run a 3 man rotation at 3/4 of harris, Johnson, and morris. They aren't as worried about harris' poor D because of Drummond.

Harris next to vucevic played poorly. Harris shooting well at 3 played alright but oladipo was moved out of the lineup. Harris shooting poorly at 3 coincided with our fall in January.

this isn't an indictment of harris. this is doubling down on Fournier, hezonja, Gordon, and, to a lesser degree, oladipo.