Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

Gordon is a freak athlete but so was Gerald green, Desmond Mason, Nate Robinson, Etc. Etc. I just don't see him EVER being the go to guy. A very good hustle player. But not a high basketball IQ.

Mario on the other hand has ALL the skills needed to be THAT guy. He just has the IT factor.

None of the guys you mentioned were lotto picks or good defenders

Gordon is a freak athlete but so was Gerald green, Desmond Mason, Nate Robinson, Etc. Etc. I just don't see him EVER being the go to guy. A very good hustle player. But not a high basketball IQ.

Mario on the other hand has ALL the skills needed to be THAT guy. He just has the IT factor.

Not a high IQ basketball????? What are you seeing? He is extra smart guy with lots of poetential.

Please dont compare him with the likes of Nate or Gerald.

Gordon has more than athleticism. He has a good feel offensively. He'll make good fundamental passes and handles the ball quite well. He also knows how to take what the defense gives him. He may never be an dominate offensive player but I wouldn't be shock to see him get 20 a game eventually.

It's the little things he does in other aspects. Put back dunks, timely steals and blocks. He's that guy who can make a huge momentum shift during a very important game. He seems to show up night in and night and his ability and will to defend consistently is what you need to get to the next level.

Great points you make here, but let's not forget that this kid (AG) is basically 2 years removed from high school and has already made a considerable impact on our team and league! Additionally, when ever possible he will get the toughest defensive assignments aka KLenard of SA and his offense will soon match his defense the moment Skiles gets the chance to develop his game!

AG will be the face of the franchise and along with Payton, Mario and possibly VO and Nic...... they are the cornerstone of the franchise.

Additionally, the reason Gordon is seen as having a high upside is he's shown the ability to do everything you want on a basketball court and doesn't have any physical limitations.

The improvement will come from being able to do those things consistently.

Great points you make here, but let's not forget that this kid (AG) is basically 2 years removed from high school and has already made a considerable impact on our team and league! Additionally, when ever possible he will get the toughest defensive assignments aka KLenard of SA and his offense will soon match his defense the moment Skiles gets the chance to develop his game!

AG will be the face of the franchise and along with Payton, Mario and possibly VO and Nic...... they are the cornerstone of the franchise.

I don't know if all those guys will be cornerstones.

I don't know if all those guys will be cornerstones.

Which is why I said "possibly" Nik is a good young talent who needs to improve his "D" but his contract will be even more attractive around the league this summer. Which leave VO and Harris as our best trade assets with friendly contracts as well.

The point is, VO, Harris and Nik will be the carrots that will be dangled by Henny, Frye, AN and others will be fillers!! But the others are here to stay!

Dude said AG didn't have a high basketball IQ lol. Gordon plays defense, has good passing ability, and has underrated ball handling skills. Once he grows into his frame and develops a nice jumper he'll be scary good. There are so many players he reminds me of....Iguodala, Marion, and Leonard. If he becomes any of them I'd be happy but I truly believe he can be Leonard or better. Leonard didn't have a great shot coming into the league either and Gordon has a similar work ethic.

Mario and AG are completely untouchable imo. Hope henny feels the same way. Id hate to see dipo go but not sure how henny feels...tho he supposedly turned down the butler trade with him..that says alot if true.

I want these players to have years of chemistry together. Its our first year trying to win basketball so the Magic should not panic and trade anyone.

I understand the situation with Fournier and Harris and Frye. I just want them to not trade core guys. Payton, Gordon, Oladipo, Hezonja.

Mario and AG are completely untouchable imo. Hope henny feels the same way. Id hate to see dipo go but not sure how henny feels...tho he supposedly turned down the butler trade with him..that says alot if true.

It might have to do with Vuc being involved which leaves us with Smith/Dedmon as our only centers. Who knows though.

It's possible Henny has told CHI he has to find a starting 5 first. He could have said no because VO too. Maybe he's only trading Harris, Frye and maybe Fournier and nothing else.

Many different reasons.

I want these players to have years of chemistry together. Its our first year trying to win basketball so the Magic should not panic and trade anyone.

I understand the situation with Fournier and Harris and Frye. I just want them to not trade core guys. Payton, Gordon, Oladipo, Hezonja.

I feel the same..maybe even add Vuch. Rather keep him and get a defensive minded PF.