Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

Getting cap space for a big free agent is generally a fool's errand. Especially when we have a bunch of young assets who were could move for one

My biggest problem with these deals is that what we are not bringing in equal value for what we are shipping out

Completely agree! As someone who lives in NYC I've seen 2 teams clear the deck for free agency and end up with the likes of Robin Lopez and Aaron Affalo to show for it. The Fyre deal I can live with because that contract was horrible the second he signed it. Harris is the one that's a head scratcher. 23 and on what will be a solid deal come the new TV money for spare parts. Unless they get the likes of KD in the summer this is all a waste of time.

• Upvote 1

‏@DavidBaumannORL *EXCLUSIVE* Source: @OrlandoMagic recently offered Vucevic & A. Gordon for @LAClippers' Blake Griffin (other assets involved). Offer denied.

‏@DavidBaumannORL *EXCLUSIVE* Source: @OrlandoMagic recently offered Vucevic & A. Gordon for @LAClippers' Blake Griffin (other assets involved). Offer denied.

Baumann is an idiot. We probably offered Harris and Fournier for Durant too

Baumann is an idiot. We probably offered Harris and Fournier for Durant too

Not buying it either but if Henny did pull something like that off, Blake, Butler, someone of that caliber, then you can talk about the possibility of Durant.

Interesting, last time Tobias Harris led the Magic in a game in scoring was December 3rd against Utah. In 50 games this season, he only led us in scoring in 4 of them.

Completely agree! As someone who lives in NYC I've seen 2 teams clear the deck for free agency and end up with the likes of Robin Lopez and Aaron Affalo to show for it. The Fyre deal I can live with because that contract was horrible the second he signed it. Harris is the one that's a head scratcher. 23 and on what will be a solid deal come the new TV money for spare parts. Unless they get the likes of KD in the summer this is all a waste of time.

Harris deal isn't a good deal no matter how anyone tries to shake it. Yes, if he becomes an all-star than this was a bad deal. But, I'm willing to put serious cash down that Harris is never an all star. Everyone talks about him "just being 23", that's great, but he has shown me absolutely nothing the past 2 years that makes me think he's going to all the sudden turn into this big time scorer. He just doesn't have that game in him. Said it couple years back and I'll say it now, Harris is a solid 3-4th option on a good team. He isn't great at anything but it's terrible at anything either. He's just a role player.

At the very least, this gives us the option to sign Fournier, who has looked really good in the starting lineup at the 3. If this deal does nothing more than keep Fournier here, I'm happy with it. Because you know who is younger than Harris? Fournier. And I'll take the Fournier over Harris 10/10 times.

Interesting, last time Tobias Harris led the Magic in a game in scoring was December 3rd against Utah. In 50 games this season, he only led us in scoring in 4 of them.

Role players don't generally lead there team in scoring. Than again, role players aren't usually the highest paid player on their teams LOL. Good riddance. Great move my management. And I wish Tobes nothing but the best in Detroit other than when were playing them. This was a smart, calculated deal that gives us much more flexibility moving forward. Harris didn't work with Payton/Dipo/Gordon, so he's gone.

Reading Pistons fan boards really demonstrates how no one watches us. Claims about how Tobias is a playmaking 4 who'll shore up the defense.

Lawl.

Yea it's funny. When i was on Real GM earlier it was pretty much split 50/50 on those for and those against the move. Some people were really down on Harris there.