Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

So with Tobias gone and these 2 probably not here next year that is how much cap room so far?

16mil off ruffly?

I'm pretty sure Ilyasova is under contract next year, but it's the final year.

So with Tobias gone and these 2 probably not here next year that is how much cap room so far?

16mil off ruffly?

if we renounce dedmon, Nicholson, Fournier, smith, and marble we'll have almost 50 million in cap space if the cap rises to 92 million like is expected.

We'll have Vuc, Frye, Oladipo, Watson, Gordon, Hezonja, Payton, and Shabazz on contract

I get that, but doesn't trading for two of his former players at our two most needed positions make perfect sense? This team desperately needed a PG with experience - check. We've been trying to get a decent stretch 4 - check. Everyone here agrees we needed to offload Harris' contract to stay fluid in the future - check.

Jennings and Illyasova will need virtually no time to pick up the defensive scheme, as they were playing in it just a few years ago. Skiles gets what he wanted, help to make a playoff push. Hennigan gets his stretch 4 and more financial flexibility. The fans get to see more Vic/Fournier/Hezonja/Gordon playing time. Everybody wins.

I get why Skiles would love this. What I don't get is why Hennigan wouldn't. And what does Martins have invested in this? It was and is a strange comment by Magicman28.

Magic and their repetitive ways of doing things. Hiring ol pals andacquiring familiar players, can't make a trade unless it's a salary cap move or because a star wants out.

Been a fan as long as I have you see how things work.

I get that, but doesn't trading for two of his former players at our two most needed positions make perfect sense? This team desperately needed a PG with experience - check. We've been trying to get a decent stretch 4 - check. Everyone here agrees we needed to offload Harris' contract to stay fluid in the future - check.

Jennings and Illyasova will need virtually no time to pick up the defensive scheme, as they were playing in it just a few years ago. Skiles gets what he wanted, help to make a playoff push. Hennigan gets his stretch 4 and more financial flexibility. The fans get to see more Vic/Fournier/Hezonja/Gordon playing time. Everybody wins.

I get why Skiles would love this. What I don't get is why Hennigan wouldn't. And what does Martins have invested in this? It was and is a strange comment by Magicman28.

its because we didn't add a sexy piece. Once Payton has a crappy game and Jennings goes 5/8 from three to help us win a game everyone will forget about harris.

Just like every other trade that's happened.

My experience over the last 2 decades.

As an executive with the Magic? Any affiliation with the team? I mean, I have 20 years of fandom and speculation based on limited knowledge of what is really going on behind the scenes too. Does that mean I can say whatever I want? Okay. This trade was actually all about Martins and Devos apologizing to Stan for the way he was fired. Clearly they wanted to give Stan the better side of the trade, and they know him, so it all adds up, right?

The Magic, who are 23-29 and 11th in the East, now have two new rotation players for their team that has lost 16 of its last 20 games. Jennings also gets a reunion with Scott Skiles, the Magic coach who headed the Bucks during Jennings' best seasons from 2009 to 2013. What's more, the Magic will now have a much wider runway at free agency this summer because both Jennings and Ilyasova have expiring contracts. With Harris' $17.2 million for next season now off the books, and with the league's salary cap expected to spike from $67 million to $89 million, Orlando is projected to have approximately............$37.2 million in salary cap space this summer.

Wahoo

USA TODAY

As an executive with the Magic? Any affiliation with the team? I mean, I have 20 years of fandom and speculation based on limited knowledge of what is really going on behind the scenes too. Does that mean I can say whatever I want? Okay. This trade was actually all about Martins and Devos apologizing to Stan for the way he was fired. Clearly they wanted to give Stan the better side of the trade, and they know him, so it all adds up, right?

Free country bub. Even though your opinion is false. You can still speculate. Free country to be a homer or not too.

This is such a typical Magic move.

Tobias Harris for an Achilles-recovering Jennings and Ersan. The only logical move for this is Skiles knows both players from way back when. This will somehow help our chances of being in the playoffs.

Who cares if we cleaned up cap space? It doesn't always work out like Millsap.

The Magic, who are 23-29 and 11th in the East, now have two new rotation players for their team that has lost 16 of its last 20 games. Jennings also gets a reunion with Scott Skiles, the Magic coach who headed the Bucks during Jennings' best seasons from 2009 to 2013. What's more, the Magic will now have a much wider runway at free agency this summer because both Jennings and Ilyasova have expiring contracts. With Harris' $17.2 million for next season now off the books, and with the league's salary cap expected to spike from $67 million to $89 million, Orlando is projected to have approximately............$37.2 million in salary cap space this summer.

Wahoo

USA TODAY

they have about 9 million missing in that unless they're also counting us retaining Nicholson, dedmon, marble, and Fournier.

I don't have an issue with USA today using the 89 million projection but Zach lowe mentioned this week that teams are using a future projection of 92 in order so there's a bit more wiggle room too.

This is such a typical Magic move.

Tobias Harris for an Achilles-recovering Jennings and Ersan. The only logical move for this is Skiles knows both players from way back when. This will somehow help our chances of being in the playoffs.

Who cares if we cleaned up cap space? It doesn't always work out like Millsap.

The point of this deal is we don't have to keep paying Tobias the max for years to come for mediocre production. It will be interesting to see how Jennings and Ilyasova fit in with this team but it's unlikely they stay on beyond that, so we're pretty much just admitting we shouldn't have given Harris the big deal.

• Upvote 2

I agree with this. I'm excited to see Jennings put some points on the board. Hopefully he's feeling more and more healthy. He just put up 30 points before the all star break.