Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

Keepers

Payton, Oladipo, Evan, Gordon, Mario, Vooch, Watson.

The rest can go.

Harris/Frye for Gallinari/Faried

That's a joke by the way.

Would be lovely to go into the break with another victory tonight and again on Wednesday vs Spurs. Beating them could propel the confidence majorly.

I don't know how u add Watson to that list but OK. I would do that trade in a heartbeat. Harris is just not starter material on a good playoff team especially playing the small forward position. Paul George is the guy I want.

Tobes/Frye will cost us $25M of salary/cap space next year.....I like Tobes but he is just not a good fit next to Vuch. Would rather have Founier and Mario get all the minutes at SF spot.

Can live with Frye off the bench but I think moving Tobes and his contract should be a priority.

Tobes/Frye will cost us $25M of salary/cap space next year.....I like Tobes but he is just not a good fit next to Vuch. Would rather have Founier and Mario get all the minutes at SF spot.

Can live with Frye off the bench but I think moving Tobes and his contract should be a priority.

Agree

Marc Stein (ESPN): "Orlando isn't outright shopping Tobias Harris, but word is they aren't discouraging offers either."

Sounds like Bach to me..

Marc Stein (ESPN): "Orlando isn't outright shopping Tobias Harris, but word is they aren't discouraging offers either."

Yeah but who would want him now? He's a non max player on a max contract.

He's a good player. Teams know that. He's just not a good fit here. He can be a good fit elsewhere.

He's making less than the max. he's just under the rookie max and that's not a big deal.

he gets paid 16 this year 17 next year 16 the year after, 15 the final year.

compare this to the veteran max (which is basically what millsap got last year where he's making 19 this year, 20 next year and 21 the year after).

compare that to what star players are going to get going forward (the last year of a max for Dwight will be somewhere around 40 million)

Harris is getting paid like Toronto paid hedo in 2010 except harris is 23 and hedo was 30 and Harris' deal is a year shorter.

people will trade for harris. The trick is finding complimentary pieces for our roster. Not a bunch of players that are ok but clog our rotation and don't fit with the guys we have.

for comparison's sake,

we paid harris a 4 year ~64 million contract (I'm sure it's rounded on all of the sites).

by my calculation, a max contract for harris would have been a 5 year ~95.25 million contract.

if harris was a 23 year old free agent this offseason, a max contract would have a first year salary of 22.25 million based on a projected 89 million cap. the max contract would be a 5 year ~129.22 million contract.

if harris was a 23 year old free agent in 2017, a max contract would have a first year salary of 27 million based on a projected 108 million cap. the max contract would be a 5 year ~156.83 million contract.

so you can see how a 4 year 64 million contract would be a bargain.

this is also why Durant is going to resign for a one year deal. A max contract for him is going to start at 30% of the cap (because he's still in the 7-9 years in the league designation he's only eligible for a max that begins at 30% of the league). so a max contract for him would begin at 26.7 million and increase by 7.5%.

a max contract for Durant the following year would be 35% of the cap (because he'll have 10 accrued years). so a max contract will start at 37.8 million and increase by 7.5% each year.

so you can see how a 4 year 64 million contract would be a bargain.

I can agree that its not a max contract if you can agree that he is nowhere near a bargain. Top 20-25 in contract pay, nowhere near that in skill or performance.

• Upvote 1