Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

They'd want AG I bet. Plus I doubt they'd send a key player to an conference rival. They're not looking to rebuild. If they were, I then could see them trading with us. I also think that's the front court they want to roll with. Imo they aren't trading Horford/Millsap.

While the full podcast is certainly worth a listen, the two reporters discuss widespread chatter surrounding Teague, and while they indicate that the Hawks are "careful to say they're not shopping him", there is a lot of smoke here. Mannix shared that he thinks "Teague is the most likely to go first from Atlanta" in a possible re-tooling effort, and Wojnarowski even went as far as to say that "there's a chance that Atlanta team pushes the reset button" in the coming days.

As with all discussions involving Teague, the focus would shift toward Mike Budenholzer's willingness to hand the keys over to Dennis Schröder for the future at the position, but the dialogue indicates that the staff may be willing to do that. The contracts of Teague and Schröder both expire at the end of the 2016-2017 season, but with the age discrepancy between the two players and the restricted free agent status of Schröder at that time, it certainly makes some sense that Atlanta would go with the younger option moving forward.

At this point, this is simply speculation from two writers, but Jeff Teague moving toward the trade block certainly wouldn't be a shock at this stage and the first real evidence is beginning to appear.

http://www.peachtree...dennis-schroder

I was referring to the Woj comment where Atlanta might push the reset button. That indicates to me they might be open to moving vets for youth.

I think your taking something with face value and digging too deep into it. Handing the keys over to Schroeder is an retool for an team thick in the playoff hunt.

Top guys I'd like to see come to the Magic:

Young

Morris

Anderson(maybe wait till offseason)

Martin

I think we should push super hard for either Young or Morris. I think both will be readily available.

I don't think the clippers trade him for anything less than another all-star type guy to keep their window open. Trading with us doesn't make sense unless it's step one in blowing up their team.

like this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=htqqxzy

Surprised you put Dipo in that scenario but perhaps you were doing it to be realistic and mathematically accurate.

I would rather hold on to our youth.

Top guys I'd like to see come to the Magic:

Young

Morris

Anderson(maybe wait till offseason)

Martin

I think we should push super hard for either Young or Morris. I think both will be readily available.

Yikes! I have a larger list of players that i will also like to see here as well but none of those players are included. Realistically, the only one that i see as a possibility is morris. The rest are reluctant.

I dont mind seeing Teague here and have Elfrid come off the bench and see a similar situation as OKC has had in the past.

A Harris, Vuc and cj for Teague, Holford and fillers will not be bad.

Surprised you put Dipo in that scenario but perhaps you were doing it to be realistic and mathematically accurate.

I would rather hold on to our youth.

yeah, I don't think we'd get griffin without oladipo.

Rather keep Dipo over Griffin.

I'm always the first guy to go up to bat for Oladipo but if you can get a 26 year old player who at worst is an all star and at best is an MVP candidate you have to do it. I wouldn't shop oladipo but if we can get Griffin and keep 3 of oladipo/payton/Gordon/hezonja I think we'd be doing fantastic.

Yikes! I have a larger list of players that i will also like to see here as well but none of those players are included. Realistically, the only one that i see as a possibility is morris. The rest are reluctant.

I dont mind seeing Teague here and have Elfrid come off the bench and see a similar situation as OKC has had in the past.

A Harris, Vuc and cj for Teague, Holford and fillers will not be bad.

While I would like to have many other players I would prefer to give up as little as possible of our youth.

If I had to guess trading for a guy like Young would cost us Fournier Frye and next years first at most? I'd be willing to make that move. To get Teague and Horford we would have to give up far far more. Unless it's a bona fide superstar our moves should be subtle.

I'm always the first guy to go up to bat for Oladipo but if you can get a 26 year old player who at worst is an all star and at best is an MVP candidate you have to do it. I wouldn't shop oladipo but if we can get Griffin and keep 3 of oladipo/payton/Gordon/hezonja I think we'd be doing fantastic.

And I'm always the first to criticize Dipo here but my criticism has been largely due to how he is being utilized. If utilized as a super defender/slasher/scorer option where others around him are helping open lanes and spotting him, I think LONGTERM Dipo has more potential than Griffin.

By 26, I hope Dipo will be more "Wade/Bowen" fusion type which is more important to this team than Griffin could ever be. But Dipo needs the right pieces around him. I've compared Dipo to a Vince Carter type player when it comes to relevance. This point is to suggest Dipo is a special player, more special than Carter due to being multidimensional, but Dipo's success requires pieces around him. Dipo is no Jordan.