Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official 2015-2016 Trade Thread

That's how I see the lineup going but it's all predictions. I do agree we need an bad *** 4 until AG figures things out.

AG has had several spurts of 10 pts / 4 rebounds in 10-12 minutes game time. Has happened at least twice this season.

It's time. It's time he replace Frye in the SL.

Will you consider Dario Saric and a pick for Victor Oladipo and Napier at this point? Maybe bringing Tyler Harvey back with that open spot.

Will you consider Dario Saric and a pick for Victor Oladipo and Napier at this point? Maybe bringing Tyler Harvey back with that open spot.

I've been known to criticize Dipo on these boards. With that said, I'm also one of the first to say: we would not be one of the better defensive teams in the league if not for Dipo. Our defense has dropped a tad since he left the SL. Yes, his offense can improve. But trade him for an unknown like Saric, and we will certainly start to miss what Dipo brings. Dipo's defense is like Vuc's offense to us (the games that Vuc plays well). Trade Dipo and I tell you: we won't make the playoffs.

I've been known to criticize Dipo on these boards. With that said, I'm also one of the first to say: we would not be one of the better defensive teams in the league if not for Dipo. Our defense has dropped a tad since he left the SL. Yes, his offense can improve. But trade him for an unknown like Saric, and we will certainly start to miss what Dipo brings. Dipo's defense is like Vuc's offense to us (the games that Vuc plays well). Trade Dipo and I tell you: we won't make the playoffs.

GOOD!.

Oladipo has been and continues to be my favorite player on this team. I read about this trade proposal at another site and the comments were upseting. I couldnt discuss further as I am not a member there and refuse to open a new account.

Believe it or not most of the NBA ( not magic fans) will do it. The sixer fans howerver, believe that we need to "sweet the deal'. typical sixer fan reaction.

They value Oladipo at around 11 -15 pick. My take is that Oladipo still is a top 5 pick. But this is how most of the fans value our players. We are not getting most exposure and of course, some of them don't see the defensive value that players like Oladipo and Payton have.

I am up for maybe a trade of Saric for Evan and Napier. I still think we need a pick tho. I am very hight on Saric. I have see him play over the past few years and his offensive skills are very good. He is not, by any means athletic but not bad of a defender either.

I still think we dont need to make any trades at the moment. We might need Fournier during playoff time. He continues to struggle but Im sure he will come along and will start producing again soon. I will not be surprise if Napier is traded once Watson returns back from injury.

GOOD!.

Oladipo has been and continues to be my favorite player on this team. I read about this trade proposal at another site and the comments were upseting. I couldnt discuss further as I am not a member there and refuse to open a new account.

Believe it or not most of the NBA ( not magic fans) will do it. The sixer fans howerver, believe that we need to "sweet the deal'. typical sixer fan reaction.

They value Oladipo at around 11 -15 pick. My take is that Oladipo still is a top 5 pick. But this is how most of the fans value our players. We are not getting most exposure and of course, some of them don't see the defensive value that players like Oladipo and Payton have.

I am up for maybe a trade of Saric for Evan and Napier. I still think we need a pick tho. I am very hight on Saric. I have see him play over the past few years and his offensive skills are very good. He is not, by any means athletic but not bad of a defender either.

I still think we dont need to make any trades at the moment. We might need Fournier during playoff time. He continues to struggle but Im sure he will come along and will start producing again soon. I will not be surprise if Napier is traded once Watson returns back from injury.

It's pointless to discuss player value with other teams fans. They overvalue their guys like we do with our guys.

Tyler Harvey is very likely never going to play one meaningful minute for the magic. Posters here act like he's going to actually be something.

That's why I spend so much time discussing when guys are being over or under valued on here. I think we're significantly better at this than every other magic site.

GOOD!.

Not familiar with Saric so perhaps you are correct. If we trade anyone, it's Frye. Still not so high on him.

Not familiar with Saric so perhaps you are correct. If we trade anyone, it's Frye. Still not so high on him.

Don't see us trading just to trade, but it would be very Hennigan to trade Fournier if we don't have any intention of signing him long term or matching whatever offer he accepts as a restricted free agent.

It's interesting to see Dwight's name being mentioned, part of me would like to see him back and playing well. It's hard to let go of those memories, even still. I would really like to see a superstar on this team again but is he good anymore? His stats so far this season aren't on par with Vucevic and I wouldn't like to see Vuc get moved to another team.

Is Dwight just having an off season as he doesn't fit or is he past it?

Apart from mentioning all star superstars is there any that Orlando could potentially get?

Bill Simmons suggested a trade on his podcast whereby the Magic send two first rounders, Nic Vucevic and Mario Hezonja in exchange for DeMarcus Cousins.

The first reaction of many to this trade was that Orlando were giving up too much, but in reality they are not. The first rounder from this year will likely be in the region of 12-18, which isn’t getting you a player as good as Cousins. Vucevic is good but he has nowhere near the player that Boogie Cousins is.

Mario Hezonja is a player who could become an all star but with Tobias Harris, Evan Fournier and Victor Oladipo on the roster, they won’t really have minutes to send in his direction. He is a perfect fit for George Karl as he plays with a lot of energy and loves driving to the basket quickly which he can do in Karl’s offence which is usually top three in pace.

At the moment, the Orlando Magic are in danger of mediocrity – they are a “good” team but they won’t be a great one with this group of players. Vucevic is their best player, but I am not sure a team with him as their best player could ever challenge in the Eastern Conference. At the moment, this group sits 13th in defensive efficiency and 17th in offensive efficiency which leaves them as a middling team. If they made the playoffs, no one would be surprised but at the same time their absence wouldn’t really make anyone question anything. DeMarcus Cousins or someone similar could push them to the next level.

The move also makes sense for Boogie himself, he clearly does not get along with Coach Karl and he probably needs a tough coach like Skiles to get him on the right path. Michael Malone was a disciplined coach and Cousins liked him, so there probably wouldn’t be an awful lot of traction between the two.

http://sircharlesinc...counting-stars/