Sign in to follow this  
dshawg77

Magic At Wizards Game Thread January 1st 2016

The Wizards of today are what the Pistons used to be to us. Not sure why either, they are playing like crap this year but have already beaten us 3 times.

This sums up us vs the wizards

Orw0URz.gif

• Upvote 2

I miss the days when the Wizards were easy padding to our win column each year.

Also lol at the dude saying tomorrow is a must win game.

I just think another loss tonight could lead to trouble. It may not be a must win, but we need a good response after losing to the Wizards again.

We can't afford a losing streak with that brutal February stretch coming . It's more a concern that this loss could lead to more losses.

The Pistons play a Van Gundy style which means inside-out with tons of 3's. That is the type of offense that kills us. Payton is still hobbled and Jackson could go off. Plus if Gortat and Lopez give Vucevic trouble, imagine what Drummond could do. This could turn into 3 losses easy. But, beating the Cavs could spark a winning streak because it would raise the confidence level of everyone.

If we lay over again, that could be demoralizing. Maybe not to Skiles, but we still haven't adopted his fortitude. We are not a strong team mentally because JV's nonchalant approach to losing made us that way.

I just think another loss tonight could lead to trouble. It may not be a must win, but we need a good response after losing to the Wizards again.

We can't afford a losing streak with that brutal February stretch coming . It's more a concern that this loss could lead to more losses.

The Pistons play a Van Gundy style which means inside-out with tons of 3's. That is the type of offense that kills us. Payton is still hobbled and Jackson could go off. Plus if Gortat and Lopez give Vucevic trouble, imagine what Drummond could do. This could turn into 3 losses easy. But, beating the Cavs could spark a winning streak because it would raise the confidence level of everyone.

If we lay over again, that could be demoralizing. Maybe not to Skiles, but we still haven't adopted his fortitude. We are not a strong team mentally because JV's nonchalant approach to losing made us that way.

Just need to take it one game at a time. It was a bad loss to an injured team last night, but the physicality of the Wizards really got in the guys heads. That's what I'm worried about, is that there's a blueprint starting to develop that all you have to do is be physical with us and we'll get all out of rhythm because we're filled with finesse players that don't like contact. So many offensive possessions last night resulted in one guy dribbling until the shot clock wound down because everybody was getting muscled off of their spots. We're not going to win a championship this year, obviously, so we have to take the good with the bad and the young guys will learn from the losses.

I agree with this. I just think your initial reaction was a bit hyperbolic. If we compete tonight and maybe split this little road trip then I think we're in good shape. We've been exceeding expectations lately and back to back losses aren't going to derail the season. Remember that just making the playoffs is a huge win for this team.

Just need to take it one game at a time. It was a bad loss to an injured team last night, but the physicality of the Wizards really got in the guys heads. That's what I'm worried about, is that there's a blueprint starting to develop that all you have to do is be physical with us and we'll get all out of rhythm because we're filled with finesse players that don't like contact. So many offensive possessions last night resulted in one guy dribbling until the shot clock wound down because everybody was getting muscled off of their spots. We're not going to win a championship this year, obviously, so we have to take the good with the bad and the young guys will learn from the losses.

Yeah we need to add some bruisers in our team or muscle up. I think we can do a bit of both.