Sign in to follow this  
The Neighborhood Bully

OFFICIAL GAMETHREAD: PORTLAND @ ORLANDO

I am baffled watching Nicholson this year. He still looks somewhat clumsy, but comes up with super athletic plays. It's mind boggling.

He's playing with confidence and feels secure in his position as a contributor.

Well if we aren't willing to max out Fournier, it would be smart to play Hezonja more. It opens up options at trade deadline. We would have a more ready 2 if we traded Evan. Unless you want Payton-Dipo backcourt again. Since we won't play Harris with Gordon we need a PF. So, Fournier is most likely to be traded because we aren't getting anything for Frye without including something. Hezonja doesn't cost anything really so he aint going anywhere.

And I honestly don't think if you gave Mario Evan's minutes that it would make us lose tonight. He is not that bad on D when he is challenged. Fournier won't sit because Hezonja will take more of his time if he performs. Evan will want in even when he isn't helping.

Evan has a good start and suddenly he can do no wrong. He is not in a slump. He is returning to the player he really is. Every game he plays subpar or shoots bad it's blamed on injuries that are not having any impact. I guess I am one of the few who sees what Mario will be when he gets enough meaningful time during games.

Also , I love Victor but he is not right on offense. He is so much better than this. Starting to think he needs a new shot to get more consistent. I think it's just mental but I didn't think 18-19 ppg was going to be hard to reach after last season. He is amazing on defense, maybe he just didn't focus on offense this summer?

Payton is becoming great before our eyes. If he gets a decent shot he is an All-Star. If we shoot better his assists will jump too.

I want this Harris every night and we can be special. Our defense seems to have stepped up since Cleveland smoked us.

Let's go get these next 5! I know we can do it!

Well if we aren't willing to max out Fournier, it would be smart to play Hezonja more. It opens up options at trade deadline. We would have a more ready 2 if we traded Evan. Unless you want Payton-Dipo backcourt again. Since we won't play Harris with Gordon we need a PF. So, Fournier is most likely to be traded because we aren't getting anything for Frye without including something. Hezonja doesn't cost anything really so he aint going anywhere.

And I honestly don't think if you gave Mario Evan's minutes that it would make us lose tonight. He is not that bad on D when he is challenged. Fournier won't sit because Hezonja will take more of his time if he performs. Evan will want in even when he isn't helping.

Evan has a good start and suddenly he can do no wrong. He is not in a slump. He is returning to the player he really is. Every game he plays subpar or shoots bad it's blamed on injuries that are not having any impact. I guess I am one of the few who sees what Mario will be when he gets enough meaningful time during games.

Also , I love Victor but he is not right on offense. He is so much better than this. Starting to think he needs a new shot to get more consistent. I think it's just mental but I didn't think 18-19 ppg was going to be hard to reach after last season. He is amazing on defense, maybe he just didn't focus on offense this summer?

Payton is becoming great before our eyes. If he gets a decent shot he is an All-Star. If we shoot better his assists will jump too.

I want this Harris every night and we can be special. Our defense seems to have stepped up since Cleveland smoked us.

Dipo was great tonight on offense. He just needs to get more consistent.

I disagree. If we're gonna explore trade options for Fournier, you keep his minutes up and starting while we're winning. His value will stay up in this case. Cut his minutes and I think his value drops a little.

How about you stop complaining now that we're winning.

How about this is a message board and I can talk about what I choose. Sorry that you can't enjoy winning and want our team to improve in other areas at the same time.

I care about the future and the playoffs, where shooting like this from 3 gets you beat. We hardly get calls now, just imagine when it gets physical. We have a long way to go still and Hezonja is a huge part in taking the next step.

I know not to expect much from Free Agency as most don't want to play for Skiles. He is respected , but he does not attract players like the ones we're hoping for.

I'm enjoying the wins just fine. Reading "way to go team" or "good game tonight" doesn't add to my experience. The point of a forum is to discuss things. You do your thing and I'll do mine.

Dipo was great tonight on offense. He just needs to get more consistent.

Tonight he was good percentage wise, but the 6 turnovers is not good. I still think he could do better, but can't figure out what his deal is this year.

You guys do realize Harris was sat by Skiles as well and he is doing just fine. Skiles obviously feels as if Mario isn't ready to start intruding on other players minutes.

He's a rookie who makes mistakes and has some minor things to work on. Let's let him earn his keep!

I disagree. If we're gonna explore trade options for Fournier, you keep his minutes up and starting while we're winning. His value will stay up in this case. Cut his minutes and I think his value drops a little.

If he doesn't perform during his minutes, that is even worse for his value. I don't think he should be benched totally, but if he loses time to Mario, so be it. What he did early this season means nothing if he can't sustain it. This is becoming a trend or the norm, not a temporary slump.

And I see Hezonja in the 10-12ppg range when he gets time. Plus another high percentage shooter helps us finish people off and gives Vucevic free reign down low, and the same with Nicholson. Two guys who are deadly when not doubled on the block.

You guys do realize Harris was sat by Skiles as well and he is doing just fine. Skiles obviously feels as if Mario isn't ready to start intruding on other players minutes.

He's a rookie who makes mistakes and has some minor things to work on. Let's let him earn his keep!

He performed after being traded because we gave him playing time. We saved him from an overly demanding Skiles. Tobias was also raw and not the #5 pick with star potential.

You need to play to earn your keep.

If he doesn't perform during his minutes, that is even worse for his value. I don't think he should be benched totally, but if he loses time to Mario, so be it. What he did early this season means nothing if he can't sustain it. This is becoming a trend or the norm, not a temporary slump.

And I see Hezonja in the 10-12ppg range when he gets time. Plus another high percentage shooter helps us finish people off and gives Vucevic free reign down low, and the same with Nicholson. Two guys who are deadly when not doubled on the block.

The thing is, other than him missing shots, he did perform. He created offense in other ways. He was second highest in assists and had 2 steals. Plus we know he's capable of knocking those shots down anyways.

I want Mario in there asap and balling too but Mario has some things to learn and Fournier for the most part has been important to our success. Let's not bring down his value by acting like he's other wise.

He performed after being traded because we gave him playing time. We saved him from an overly demanding Skiles. Tobias was also raw and not the #5 pick with star potential.

You need to play to earn your keep.

Mario is Raw as hell! He's a turnover machine and has generally been bad on defense. He's not doing what is asked of him yet.

I get it we all want to see Mario play(myself included) but he needs to show that he's ready. He's not, Fournier is still much better than him even in his slump or regress to the means or whatever we are calling it.